Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Paint codes

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just touching up some scratches on the blue body work and found Toyota Atlantic blue kit works nicely.
But, i have dark grey bumpers and they need some attention too but wondered what colour they actually are and if there is an off the shelf halfrauds kit rather than having a colour matched up and made.

Well ,the Atlantic blue does not match.

I have found that the start of the code under the bonnet 8L4 is Dark Blue Mica Metallic.
Next question, this is the whole code, is any of the figures for the bumper colours?

8L4 LD10 AO3A A442 F

8L4 is your colour code, LD10 is your trim code, A442F is your gearbox code, not sure on the other one, could be the plant where built.

The plate in the engine bay with the code i wrote is shown as the colour and trim code.
Nothing around the doors except the warning and tyre pressure info.

Well, 8L4 LD10 is the CTR anyhow. So I guess LD10 says something about interior trim only.

A car paint shop would have lists showing which trim colours were available for each model/year/colour. Then you just pick the right one.

Btw, when it comes to spray-paint in aerosol cans, I've tried a few different brands, but always been disappointed with that the paint doesn't cover well. Even after 5 coatings, you could see the original colour/primer through. Then I bought from a pro paint shop, a can they mixed and pressurized at the shop, at it worked so much better. Costs 50% more, but covers 500% better.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back