Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Parrot

55palfers

Garage
Does anyone have any experience of the Parrot MKi9200 please?

I am picking up a used LC from a Toyota dealer soon and they want £280 to fit one so I need to be sure it does the job.

How well does it integrate with the car stereo?

Many thanks

I am picking up a used LC from a Toyota dealer soon and they want £280 to fit one so I need to be sure it does the job.

Many thanks

I've got the Parrot MKi9100 and if that's anything to go by it works a treat, I was charged £300 to fit mine at http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/car-audio-centre-london-tooting.htm but they have branches Natonwide.
It has a wireless remote that I've velcroed to the steering wheel and can alter volume and select tracks without removing my hands from the wheel, I'm very satisfied wth it. :thumbup:

Many thanks

Hi

I have not had any experience with the 9200, but I am convert with Parrot per say, I have had a few 3100's in different cars and they are brilliant.

Not sure what you get with the 9200, but £280 seems a lot of money, but they integrate by connecting between the radio and the speakers, so
when a call comes in (or you make a call) it mutes the radio, and the sound comes through the speakers.

Radiotwo

Oh yes, I should have added you can also make calls via the remote. :oops:

I have one fitted to my LC4 which I had installed. Good bit of kit and I think worth the money, cant remember exavtly how much it cost, but must have been about what you have been quoted.

To be honest I should have installed it myself, pretty straight fporward as long as you have the correct loom. I believe Crispin installed his one himself.

I have had some small issues with it, in that the remote sometimes does not work. Very oddand if you google you will find others who have had this problem.

Apart from that I would defo recommend it.

What do they want for the OEM Bluetooth gizmo that connects into the radio and has its own steering wheel controls?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
and i thought this thread was about the bird that sits on your shoulder......:icon-cool:

Has anybody got any other alternatives to the parrot i.e those touch screen jobies where you get all in 1 intergrated music system with gps and hands free calls(making and answering) or any other stuff on the market.
It'll be nice to about other devices.

I have had some small issues with it, in that the remote sometimes does not work. Very oddand if you google you will find others who have had this problem.
Where have you got your remote placed? mine is on the steering wheel and sometimes if the wheel has turned the remote further away from the receiver it doesn't work until back within range.

I did have it on the steering wheel, but I did not like it there. It now sits on the console next to the gear lever. It may be battery issues, and since I have chenged them it seems a bit better

Thanks everybody

I think the remotes have a tendancy to eat batteries judging by some of the reviews on Amazon

Thanks everybody

I think the remotes have a tendancy to eat batteries judging by some of the reviews on Amazon

:think: I have a Parrot MKi9100 in both my red 80 and my current driver, it has been in the red one for over two years with the original battery, but only recently fitted a to the other.

I have one fitted to my LC4 which I had installed. Good bit of kit and I think worth the money, cant remember exavtly how much it cost, but must have been about what you have been quoted.

To be honest I should have installed it myself, pretty straight fporward as long as you have the correct loom. I believe Crispin installed his one himself.

I've had one for 2 years and it's a great hands-free unit and USB/iPod player.

product5247_thumb.jpg

MKi 9200

Parrot MKi9200 e conceput pentru muzica. Poate fi folosit pentru reda din surse ca iPod, iPhone, stick USB, card SD, playere MP3, telefoane care suporta A2DP. Numele melodiei ...
949,90 lei

There's 5.62 lei to the pound so it's 170 quid here, fitted incl. VAT.

I had issues with the remote as well. The battery went after 1 year and I replaced it and they are cheap here as well (2 pounds for a card of 8 cells). But for me the main problem was having the remote mounted on the steering wheel. It was fine for long journeys, but around town it became a nuissance. I caught it with my fingers so many times that I ended up breaking the retaining pins on the cover, and it's not worked properly since. Last week I replaced the remote (30 quid) and it's fine again. It's now dash mounted and no problem at all to use.

It connects to the phone very well, giving you full access to contacts, call history and even voice actuated numbers if you use them on your phone. The mic works well and the USB for music is a Godsend for me because the radio stations here are crap! I've an 8GB stick plugged in, with all my favourites on it.

There's a small screen showing the phone menu options (which are voice repeated so you don't have to take your eyes off the road) and it displays the track you're playing with the album photo displayed, when you're running off the USB.

iPod friendly as well with an alternative connection to the USB.

Fully recommended, but I have no knowledge of other makes...

Clive

Last edited:
What do they want for the OEM Bluetooth gizmo that connects into the radio and has its own steering wheel controls?

They didn't mention that option. They did want £510 for a CD changer and almost £300 for an iPod integration through the stereo though!

Back