Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pay and Play?

Rob80vx

Hi all, Im quite new to the club but notice quite a lack of p&p events organised.I have had a look at quite a few of the members trucks and they seem well up to off roading and was just wondering why there isn't more events organised.Please dont take this the wrong way as im just trying find out how this club works. :thumbup: Another club that my mate runs has been formed so that like minded off roaders like us can have sole use of a site to remove the risk of idiots you get on open day pay and plays.If admin would like to let me know If this appeals to this club I will pass on the club details so we might be able to join forces on future P&P events.If I get the Ok from admin I will post the name of the club so you can check it out for yourself. Cheers

Most of the sorted trucks on here are more for the overlanding and green lane uses but pay and play still happens, its just more down to the individual usually.

There are quite a few organised events if you keep a look out and in your part of the world you have someone on your doorstep who can help i'm sure ;)

Couple of Derbyshire P&P days coming up soon. Tag along if you like. There is another forum called TPORE which is all marques, but based very much around the Chesterfield area. They organise quite a few local days. Biggin Quarry is on the cards for March which is Ashbourne near yourself. There is Holymoorside and Blackhills too. All good days out. IIRC there is another one at Wirksworth.

Chris

Chris said:
Couple of Derbyshire P&P days coming up soon. Tag along if you like. There is another forum called TPORE which is all marques, but based very much around the Chesterfield area. They organise quite a few local days. Biggin Quarry is on the cards for March which is Ashbourne near yourself. There is Holymoorside and Blackhills too. All good days out. IIRC there is another one at Wirksworth.

Chris

Cheers Chris,sounds good if you let me know when you are going I will try to make it. :thumbup:

Ill tag along if you dont mind :) let us know when Chris Im only 45 mins from Chesterfield :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You didn't hang around getting your pic up on the website Chris :lol: T'is yours isn't it? Spotted the daylighters :cool:

That was for the relaunch of their site Gav. Taken at Padley Woods near Clay Cross in Derbyshire. It just appeared and there was my truck amongst others. I don't run it, I'm just a pleb member, like on here. They're a decent friendly bunch who are very happy to help people out when they need it. Having said that, I have a row of little stickers down my door for every time I have rescued them. :lol: :lol: :lol: Like some 4x4 fighter Ace.
I don't think that they have ever met anyone as prepared as me, or as well equipped.

Chris

Hi Rob there's Spondon offroad club which is based in Derby, run 1/2 a dozen localish events throughout the year, MSA registered
not a massive club but friendly and always welcome new members and their families, kids etc. even free hot drinks all day.
Cheers Chris S.

Chris5-7chev said:
Hi Rob there's Spondon offroad club which is based in Derby, run 1/2 a dozen localish events throughout the year, MSA registered
not a massive club but friendly and always welcome new members and their families, kids etc. even free hot drinks all day.
Cheers Chris S.

Cheers, I will have a look on their web site for upcoming events. :thumbup:

Your buggy sounds familiar. I was at Creighton park last year with Rogue Pirates, could I have seen you there :think:

Rob yes Creighton park woods, now closed AFAIK certainly was quite a challenging place to get around, shame its gone.
The Spondon website was carrying? some kind of virus so the forum and a few other parts of it had to be closed down,
Trevor (club sec.) is awaiting responces from various sites/owners so all will be known soon.
Obviously I'm not vehicle biased but any 80 owners turning up will have a choice of chocolate hobnobs or jaffa cakes as
well as free drinks :thumbup:

Back