Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Petrol Land cruiser 80 series

The bull bar will be going don't worry,in time I will be making my own Arb style bumpers for it just need to get it 100%ship shape before starting any modifications.

Just a note on the bulbar, I have found that water gets into them perhaps through spot lamp mounts etc. This collects inside at the bottom of the bar, this area is often welded up to create more strength where the mounts are so the water stays put. Slow but sure and unseen they corrode, right where you do not need it. A gentle knock or push and the bar moves back and hits the bodywork, this was noted a few years back when using the bar to push a disabled vehicle, I would get rid of it now before it damages that lovely paint.

regards

Dave

It's definitely coming off don't worry I've seen first hand what extra damage they can cause. As for corrosion not a problem as it's made from stainless steel. Apparently they were a very expensive option from Toyota.

Good one. The nice thing with 80s are that owners normally look after them as can be seen by the fairly common good examples OR second and third owners are keen to restore/baseline...???

Back