Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Petrol to diesel conversion

hillbillysimon

Hi all
I have a 1995 24v diesel manual 80 with a very rotten body shell, but brilliant engine & box & have just aquired a mint 1995 24v petrol/lpg auto with a knackered gearbox.

The plan is to remove engine & box from the diesel & transplant them into the mint one. Other than the obvious (pedal box etc) are there any known issues, I know the diffs are a different ratio but know by how much or what difference it would make to road speed. Are there any engine bay mods to do & will the air con pump from the petrol bolt to the diesel ???

Any advice welcome

Simon

You will need to swap the ECU and all the associated wiring over.

You might want to swap the dash as well as the autobox will have different lights associated with it.

It sounds 'do-able' as you have two complete vehicles to start with.

This has the makings of a very interesting illustrated thread . . Best of luck with it.

Bob.

Mate I would have a read of this. You may have to join to read it.

.offroad80s.com/fzj-to-hdj-rollover-conversion-rebuild-dash-light-fault-t5311.htm

Mate I would have a read of this. You may have to join to read it.

.offroad80s.com/fzj-to-hdj-rollover-conversion-rebuild-dash-light-fault-t5311.htm

Thanks for the tips so far. Found the Aussie offroad80s site & joined but cant seem to find that subject at all

Simon

We have done this but are having trouble getting the speedo, tacho and centre diff lock to work, help would be appreciated if any one has done this.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back