Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pin stripes or not?

Looked great gold over black years ago on my JPS 3 litre Capri GXL, but nowadays.......nah.

THREAD JACK ALERT!

By coincidence I am looking to get the 'TURBO' stickers OFF the rear quarters of my 80, for whatever reason tbey caught my eye the other day and looked oh so boy racer...ish, guess I don't think I am 19 anymore.

The trail pinstripes from rocks and vegetation can stay though. :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Looked great gold over black years ago on my JPS 3 litre Capri GXL, but nowadays.......nah.

THREAD JACK ALERT!

By coincidence I am looking to get the 'TURBO' stickers OFF the rear quarters of my 80, for whatever reason tbey caught my eye the other day and looked oh so boy racer...ish, guess I don't think I am 19 anymore.

The trail pinstripes from rocks and vegetation can stay though. :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

Thread Jack away:icon-biggrin:

I was thinking about the 4500i stickers but not sure now, I do like how there's no indication as to what's under the bonnet (apart from the exhaust note when floor it) it has surprised a few people :icon-twisted:

Heat gun and a caramac wheel soon gets rid of the old stickers

It does look a little different tbh, the little silver stripes broke the black up a bit, I see it everyday so prob notice it more.

My arms are aching from 2 grades of rubbing compound plus polish to get everything to blend together, my machine polisher is dead so done it all by hand! Worth it though.

Not sure I could lose the the plastic trims! Need somewhere for the VX badges to live lol

Not such a problem for my humble GX :lol:

Was like my Amazon badge on the tailgate, we had to mask round it rather then risk damaging it. Couldn't be without all of those badges too :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Gary820 Yep heat gun at the ready, a little job for next week, they will soon be history.

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Regards

Dave

You've got to have badges :lol:

20170813_161559.jpg
20170813_161614.jpg

There's 2 more behind the spare wheel too lol.

MY personal opinion would be to have the pin striped applied by a PRO Pinstriper...
Noting "sticky-stick"
Thats provided they where originally on the truck as pr Toyo Spec.

I have the same dilemma on another (non-Toyo) truck I am going to do up for myself soon...
I has an original silver stripe in a body crest. I will most likely restore it with the stripe.

All this being written; The car looks vey very neat cleaned up without any stipes on too
So I recon it comes down to personal choices & tastes

They were original spec but as I said before not like other stuff is standard.

Apart from the swirl marks in the paint it has a cleaner look up close.

I'm waiting for my new machine polisher then it'll bye bye swirls :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Back