Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Plug and play bypass shock absorbers.

nids

Country Flag
nigeria
Been using my 2014 LC76 for a few weeks now; EXTREMELY happy with the vehicle *but* it does have a bloody harsh ride. I'm not here to debate why this is the case but to ask if any other owners have had luck in addressing this issue by changing just the shock absorbers. More specifically I'm interested to know if a set of Bypass shocks would be the best of workable solutions. I'm not particularly picky in terms of the cost; not looking for a budget deal..

Vehicle came stock with a winch and I've added a bull bar. Plan on keeping all else stock and to be used as a daily driver; I live in West Africa where the roads are pitted with pot holes and inconsistencies in the asphalt; so really I've been just bouncing all over the place while driving and I'd like to address this without making any major changes to the suspension system as a whole.

I read an article about different types of shock absorbers and though it is only once source of information the author seemed to lean towards Bypass Shocks as being the best saying that they are both velocity and position sensitive which, I'm hoping, means that they will soften the ride while taking nothing away from the vehicle's ability to drive safely at relatively high speeds.

Any practical feedback would be well received :)

The stock suspension is considered crap. Both the shocks and the coil springs will be at fault. Almost any aftermarket shock will improve things but good shocks working against poor springs is only a patch up solution at best and bad roads will only bring the inevitable closer.
The mining companies here start off by throwing the lot in the bin and have the entire suspension replaced before delivery.

Back