Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Poor fuel consumption

joinerman

Garage
Iv'e got the opposite to geordie boy, my 94 auto normally does around 21 ish mpg,over the last three weeks or so i seem to have been filling up more than usual,seems i'm getting 16.5 mpg, now i know the first figure normally goes down slightly in the colder weather to about 19 - 20 mpg. no change of driving habits, same journey to & from work, brakes are not binding, tyre pressures 40psi no signs or smells of leaks, fuel filters done 14500k, what's going on ?

That is about the same as i get,mine has just turned 130k and is serviced faithfully.

i think its the cold my 24v has been drinking more than normal. :(

Gave mine a blast up the M40 for 25 miles & back lunchtime, goes really well, see if that makes any difference, it's normally used for short trips to work & back & not much else at the present time.

My MPG seems relatively unaffected by the cold weather returning the usual 23-24 just running around. I now use the intake air heater on most cold starts even though it starts easy enough without it. Don't know if this helps or hinders the MPG, I just use it as it benefits the engine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back