Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Portugal 2014

wobbly

Garage
I know its a long way off, but we have planned a return to Portugal for September 2014.

We will be based just outside Braganca, either camping (about £10 per night for 2) or stone cabin (about £30 per night for 2 or 4).

The tracks will be north into the Tras y Monte national park, and/or south into the hills and villages.

Planning on a Sunday ferry, then returning following Thursday, so approx 10 days of which 4 are more or less travel.

Total mileage will be in region of 1500 miles.

Difficulty level - all are proper unsurfaced tracks, so AT's will be fine, its more akin to greenlaning than offroading.

Costwise - about £1500.00 all in, thats ferry, diesel, food, camping etc.

If anyone is interested please let me know - so far we have 2 vehicles, was thinking a max of 5.

Cheers

Pete

i would like to go must check and see whats up to as i was thinking of going hunting in SA next year but does sound good and i havent been to potugal for years.
when would you need to know by?
stu

I'm a 'tentatively interested'. Been wanting to go there for ages ... I'll confirm interest asap.

Cheers

No need to give a definite yes, as everyone books their own ferry and the campsite dont need payment in advance.

I am going to budget and save £100pm towards it this time, at the moment I have a £500 credit card bill from this years trip!

Cheers

Pete

could you send me some details of where abouts you are thinking of going. also will you be staying in a different place every night or what?
what ferry do you take?
stu

If I'm still in the land of the living by next September I'd be interested, just me, my wife says she's more 4* than 4x4. :icon-rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Stumog,

We get the Sunday afternoon ferry from Plymouth to Santander, sleep on ferry overnight, dock lunchtime Monday, then straight run down to Valladolid, then over to Braganca for Monday evening.

Will be staying at Cepo Verde just outside Braganca, either camping or using their stone cabins (real showers etc).

The site is immediately below the national park, so we will be doing two or three days north toward Spain, and the same heading South which is more mountainous.

We reckon on using the one base, theres no point changing sites without good reason, only thing we need to try and add in are some water crossings.

Cossack - I get you bro' - Mrs Wobbly is going to Turkey all inclusive 5* the same dates......

Cheers

Pete

Back