Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Power steering pump and rear windows

arrolman

Hi All,

Currently after an 80 and have agreed a deal for one down south for a reasonable sum. It has a few problems, 2 being that the steering pump is making noises when turned either way, and one of the rear windows isn't working (Says its off its runners). Are these both easy fixes? Any guides to these jobs?

Cheers,
Iain

Powersteering may be low on fluid

windows - well without looking to make sure but yep IMO all things easy enough to fix

Hi,

Powersteering fluid has been changed, guy says its been like thisfr years, guessing a bearing or something is shot, not heard it for myself yet, won't get the truck until end of next week at the earliest. Just so I know whether to get parts in the now ready for fixing

Cheers,
Iain

Is the pump noisy whilst it is turned? could be air in the system..easy fix......bearings on pump..not so easy.

or only when it reaches the stop? bypass valves in pump body..not sure how to fix. clean it out?

Hi nivapilot,

Hard to tell until I get the truck here and can investigate, talking to the seller he's not very clued up on LC's, just had it for 13 years and driven it he told me lol, genuine enough just doesn't know the workings of them it seems

Cheers,
Iain

Where down south is it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Paul,

Liverpool at the moment, outside my house next week if all goes well though :thumbup:

Cheers,
Iain

Ah yes, the well known southern city :whistle:

Just though one of us could get a look just in case.

Hi,

Always an idea but he has shown me loads of photo's and any ingo I need he's sent pretty much straight away, asked for pics of chassis and he's getting them from me tomorrow. Its a J reg import, 4.2 Auto with 164,000kms on it. However, has an electric winch, ice cooler box in the centre and has the 3 diff locks, bit of a rare find

Cheers,
Iain

Back