Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Powerfold mirrors inop.

CREEman

Country Flag
scotland
Hi there, I'm new here.
my Colorado 2002 d4d mirrors are playing up.
To begin with, when I turned IGN on the drivers mirror would fold all the way forward past the stop.( I figured there was either something worn or broken internally and would need replaced)
However, now neither of the mirrors fold at all but the glass still adjusts. Its like the fuse has gone but I cant find a fuse for powerfold mirrors anywhere. Can someone please tell me where the fuse is? (if there is one) and where I could get some wiring diagrams?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have a look where the wires come through into the door as they tend to break there,
go on the introduction part and tell a it about yourself and your motor seem to get more replies after that buddy,oh and pics go along way too.
And welcome Creeman.

Have a look where the wires come through into the door as they tend to break there.

+1

My Driver's-side mirror packed-up and I found five broken wires where the loom passes into the door. I spliced some new lengths in and its all OK now.

Bob.

DSCN4192_zpskhmjnbyu.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply guys.
I've just been out in my workshop and checked the wiring loom through the door. No broken wires found.
I'm sure I heard a fuse or something pop when the fault occurred. Is there a fuse for the folding function or where does it get its power from?
I can probe both mirrors and they fold fine.
Thanks

I had a closer look at the mirror switch today after finding there was only 1 fuse for the whole mirror circuit ( cig or acc fuse). So I have found the problem- the back of the retract button switch had burnt out right at the edge of the circuit board. I have soldered it and it works fine. not sure about whether frozen mirrors would have caused this or probably something more serious. I'll try and add a pic.
thanks again.DSC_0146.jpg

Last edited:
Back