Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Prado Vs Amazon

All moot anyway - you don't get Prado's here and you don't (I think) get Amazons anywhere else! :lol:

My tuppence:

I've had 2 80's - an African one and an Aussie one. Both had open diffs. Both were great vehicles. Now I have a 120 with ATRAC. Real issue is IFS shoddy ground clearance and articulation behaviour (I.e. the beam axle lifts everything up while the IFS has everything stuffed into the wheel arch and the vehicle bottoms out, which doesn't help really). If you've seen my YouTube vid in the Lakes where I was cross-axle balancing you'd see the front wheel with no traction still turning even though I was hardly moving - so ATTAC wasn't working as that wheel should have been locked by the brakes.

I'm not a fan of ATRAC really which is why I have a rear locker waiting to go in. :lol: much rather plan ahead than try to recover ...

Would I like a 100 AMAZON with ATRAC only? Nope.

Would I like a nice 1997 80 Amazon with 3 lockers? Yep! You bet - I still love the 80 series!! Iconic vehicle.

Do I like my 120 with ATRAC? Mostly. It's only let me down twice - and that was lack of momentum so my fault on both occasions (I don't count the first time with a bust centre diff and Dunflop road tyres ...)

Will I like my 120 with a rear locker AND ATRAC? Oh yes :lol:

Amazon - built women (usually in Africa or South America) = something adults play with.

You guys really need to invest in a decent sat nav ! Lol

Choice of continents... Phone a friend time ???

So is it time for a new thread ???

Playdo Vs Lard Cruiser :lol:

Back