Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Puzzled by Sinking Brake Pedal

i found the solution.
found out that the front wheel bearing had free play that cause the disc rotor not to be align (slanted) with the brake calliper which cause the rotor to push the pads inward more then it should not giving the muster pump enough fluid to push the pads….

i found the solution.
found out that the front wheel bearing had free play that cause the disc rotor not to be align (slanted) with the brake calliper which cause the rotor to push the pads inward more then it should not giving the muster pump enough fluid to push the pads….

I have mentioned this on the forum before, it is a problem often seen by mechanics's it's called 'pad knock off'.

Often the brakes seem fine, you move the vehicle a few metres and you get a 'long pedal'. The disc tilts on the loose bearing and pushes the piston back into the caliper.

As mentioned earlier about non competent people working on safety equipment, and not just vehicles, I knew a guy a few years back had squealing brakes on his 2.8 Opel Commodore Coupé. Given he had fitted the brakes himself and appeared quite competent around vehicles, in passing I mentioned he might try some copper grease? It was a few days later when I saw him again, it turns out he had a near miss with a shop front, apparently he put the grease on the pad to disc contact face!

Regards

Dave.

Last edited:
I have mentioned this on the forum before, it is a problem often seen by mechanics's it's called 'pad knock off'.

Often the brakes seem fine, you move the vehicle a few metres and you get a 'long pedal'. The disc tilts on the loose bearing and pushes the piston back into the caliper.

As mentioned earlier about non competent people working on safety equipment, and not just vehicles, I knew a guy a few years back had squealing brakes on his 2.8 Opel Commodore Coupé. Given he had fitted the brakes himself and appeared quite competent around vehicles, in passing I mentioned he might try some copper grease? It was a few days later when I saw him again, it turns out he had a near miss with a shop front, apparently he put the grease on the pad to disc contact face!

Regards

Dave.
Ouuufff.... a definite clenching moment! Likely a near miss with a trouser soiling event also! :-D :-D

Back