Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quick Goodwinch question

yogi

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
Hi all,

(1)How big spacers on an ARB bumper are needed (thickness) for a Goodwinch 9.5 to allow for the casing not to be touching the bumper. I'm guessing about an inch thick, but thats by eye, on my own holding it!

(2) How do I go about rotating the end with the freespool lever so its not pointing backwards because of the way it is mounted on the ARB bumper?

I know this is pretty simple stuff but I would like to just get this done quickly and simply :angry-cussingblack: because I'm heading off to the Balkans in her in a few days for a while and have a million non landcruiser related things to do before I go, a lot of which require using said landcruiser to tow with :angry-screaming::angry-screaming:.

Going to move the solenoid box up under the bonnet, but I have that basically figured out and done because its only simple wiring/extending of leads.

Thanks in advance

2) Unbolt the endcap, and then remove all the bolts from the mounting plate, clock it by one bolt and then reassemble. Take a look at Steven's thread here

Last edited:
2) Unbolt the endcap, and then remove all the bolts from the mounting plate, clock it by one bolt and then reassemble. Take a look at Steven's thread here

Cheers!!

I was living in hope for an answer to 1, but not really expecting one, that can be worked out, but I wasn't to sure at all about 2!

I would have answered 1), but I wasn't totally sure what your setup is. On my 100 the winch is bolted to the mounting cradle, not the bumper. It could do with a 10mm spacer to lift it for a better run on the rope (just need to pull my finger out and drill the steel I have), but I didn't have any issues with casing touching bumper.

Are you not supposed to bolt it to the bumper with the base facing out with the ARB?

I was looking at lorin's front bumper at the weekend and i think it was about 15mm spacer. the chap that did his used washers which he was not happy about. i am only giveing a guestment so if its wrong i am sorry.

stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The pre-facelift 100s are a little different - the bumper has a crush structure built into the mounts, so you mount vertically to the cradle rather than the front of the bumper.

15mm is bang on, that's what I have under each mounting foot on mine (same winch). Made up of two spacer bars under each mounting foot, supplied by Goodwinch, but you can make your own out of some bar.

15mm is bang on, that's what I have under each mounting foot on mine (same winch). Made up of two spacer bars under each mounting foot, supplied by Goodwinch, but you can make your own out of some bar.

not a bad guess then.

I was looking at lorin's front bumper at the weekend and i think it was about 15mm spacer. the chap that did his used washers which he was not happy about. i am only giveing a guestment so if its wrong i am sorry.

stu

Washers???

Pressure= force/area

I don't think I would like that set up!

Thanks guys

Back