Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quick question - 80 series headlight globe types.

grantw

Supporter
What are the globe types for the front lights on a UK 80?

High/Low I know is H4
High beam is:
Parker/side lights are:

What are the globe types for the front lights on a UK 80?High/Low I know is H4High beam is:parker/side lights are:

Inner high beams are H1
Side lights are T10 wedge base

Sorry Grant, I was sitting in traffic when I posted the link. I was reasonably sure of the inner high (H1) but a guess is as good as a miss when you're not 100%, innit :lol:

Couldn't think how to describe the sidelights, but I saw them on that webpage.

Good luck going LED :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have also been thinking about going down the led route. However I think my jap spec hdj81 is slightly different.

With my head lights, the main beam and high beam are the same module using the h4 bulbs. However the inner h1 appears to be a "fog light" with a push button on the dashboard. Is this the same with uk spec?

Also the corner lights are "380" twin elements that light up when you turn the indicator on. Is this also the same case with the U.K. Spec cars?

Last edited:
I had the LED lights in the headlight/dip and they worked fine, get the odd flash from oncoming traffic but nothing like the HIDs. Would be good to get a wiring diagram, for these imports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have H4 main and dipped in my HDJ81 import from Woodypeck. I've posted pics on Clive's Angel eye thread. Steve at Woodypeck is really helpful and I'm helping him put together some info on the lamps used so this thread will be really useful.

Steve also gives excellent service and has said to be wary of copies which only take a week to come out of China where they are all made. They are often lower in brightness and far poorer quality at under half his price.

They are plug 'n' play and fit well into the rubber sealing covers.

I have also changed my interior lights and reversing lights and can now see like day inside and can see full stop behind me when reversing…it's a revelation. [emoji4] No need for an external LED work light for reversing.

Back