Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RE; Adventurer's insurance



I know that some of the listers have extra insurance etc. for their
overlanding exploits and other things for their TLC's
Some may recall that my LHD 80 is registered in the sunny South
Pacific so I have special insurance needs too. In the past I have
insured for all of Europe to the Russian border with ARIS of
Austria. They have now stopped issuing insurance for the likes of me
and I had to look elsewhere.
I know some of you insure via Maria Alessie in the Netherlands who
deals with specialised insurance etc. Unfortunately she does not take
internet or secure credit card payments. So the resulting bank
transfer can be costly. Mail can also be delayed.
The good news is that I have found a very approachable UK insurer
who issues the same AXA (and other) policies as Maria Alessie, and on
top of that he uses the Google internet payment system for instant cover.
Italsure is an insurance brokerage that has grown out of the need to
provide insurance for the ex-pat market, which from my own experience
can be very different from run-of-the-mill insurance. The boss,
Oliver Thornton is an approachable fellow and he can cover just about
any vehicle for any eventuality in any country - he says. He has
certainly done that for me.
He can be contacted by the following means.
Tel +44 207 117 8283
Email: <mailto:[Email address removed]>[Email address removed]
Skype: Italsure
FSA registry number: 467339
Well, I thought it might interest some of you.
Linslade, Beds
'92 HZJ80 ex UN Bosnia surplus