Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear axle turret / mount broken off / rusted - options? See pics.

chris. changing his wiper blades, yesterday..

1634242836406.png

Agree with Chris on this one, When i did mine i was saying to myself over and over "Please Snap, Please Snap." It works..

Not really, the ones I have sent so far to the UK have been around 35-50€ in shipping. Keep in mind that the prices on the page is included with Norwegian tax(25%) so the prices are a little bit lower. And you get a discount if you buy more than one bracket. :)

Thanks for extra info mate.
I saw this post 1st on 90 series, then saw you covered all bases on 120, which is my d/d. Made a note of you now. Always good to have a source of those pre fabbed bits not generally available.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for extra info mate.
I saw this post 1st on 90 series, then saw you covered all bases on 120, which is my d/d. Made a note of you now. Always good to have a source of those pre fabbed bits not generally available.
Yeah, I think I have saved a lot of cars being scrapped with these weldon brackets. :)

Not making a lot of money on them, but it keeps me interested in making more products and brackets in the future. Sadly rust is not something that will stop coming with never models either. :/

How many i wonder would queue up to buy a galvanized replacement chassis frame like they been selling for the lamedrover defender for years ?

As long as there's rust, there will be a need for enterprising individuals making parts not available off the shelf, making the jobs so much simpler to tackle. Great work !

Toyota certainly fell behind in not competing with Land rover with galvanizing chassis such an obvious idea really, that Toyota never even seemed to consider.
Surely cost couldn't have been a factor high on the list with the volumes sold, passed on to the buyer who wouldn't be put off. Sadly, too late for Landcruisers.

Historical info, Land Rover produced galvanised chassis for the 48 pre pro vehicles in 1948. All the more recent galvanised chassis have been aftermarket.

Back