Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Diff Actuator

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I had to fit a new actuator five years ago to my rear diff as it had seized completely through corrosion. Lo and behold I am now in the same position with a seized actuator due to corrosion. Does anyone have any advice about how to protect the actuator from our salt-infested roads or am I looking at replacing the actuator every five years. This may be the straw that breaks the camels back. I don’t have age on my side for working on the Cruiser neither do I have the knowledge and ability. I love this old bus but I may have reached the end of the road with it.

The road goes on forever and so does a Toyota Landcruiser
Question is how often do you have to use it if like mine not much to me it's a switch that's on the dashboard that's there if I need it and simple thing is it just don't get used think the last time I used it was when Stumog organised a trip to Wales on Strata Florida and that was a good while before lockdown so it looks like its a strip and clean to see if it works as it might be needed for the Olazz meeting in July and Gavs meeting after that now do I feed the dogs or buy a new one mmmm

Thanks for the advice my friends. I have recovered from the depressed state that made me consider parting with my pride and joy. She is staying as long as the government says I can run her or until I’m not able anymore.

I enquired from Toyota what they would be charging for a new rear diff actuator. When the guy said approx £1500.00 my jaw dropped. Roughtrax are looking for £606.00 including vat for the exact same genuine Toyota part. What justification do Toyota have for this blatant profiteering?

Toyota usually have a large glass palace with lots of people floating aroung seemingly doing little. Roughtrax have a small unit on an industrial estate with a handfull of staff.

Reactions: uHu
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back