Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear Heater Tees

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
Pulled into the driven yesterday and one of the heater tees let go grr

Fortunately i had all the parts - Yay.

Its a pig of a job though- boo. Made worse if you have an lpg kit fitted.

Few things to note- the pipes on mine were fine.

Have some red coolant handy

Make your life immeasurably easier, immensely, ridiculously easier and buy one of these Flexible Long Reach Hose Clamp Pliers - 26201 - Machine Mart - Machine Mart - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

The clips on the hoses are all pointing downward underneath the hoses and very hard to get to without one of these.

I used aftermarket aluminium Tees which were 19/16mm (ie the main 2 connectors were 19mm od and the take off was 16mm OD) . I bought new spring compression clips along with an Impex order a while ago.

Its relatively easy to change, but just an arse to get to right at the back of the engine bay. It took me 4 hours this afternoon- i suspect with something to stand on, and the tool i linked to above you could easily halve that! New spring connectors from Toyota make a HELL of a difference as they come "clipped" open- so you don't have to wrestle with them- you just slide them over the hose and then click them closed-instant constant pressure hose clamp. You really do want to use a spring clamp rather than a worm drive clamp. If you must use something with a screw make sure its a zero pressure T Clamp.

My heater Ts have just arrived so am glad I found this now. To be done when I flush and replace coolant soon.

Can I ask where you purchased the Tees from please?

Got them from partsouq . Com, as part of a bigger order. Think they came in at $5.42 for both. Genuine Mr T ....

i did mine 4 with lpg , but i did see metal ones on ebay ,i think stainles so better

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If anyone need any genuine ones I think I still have a pair in my spares box, I'm unlikely to need them!

Back