Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

red warning light after exhaust and intercooler

peter shepherd

before fitting a straight through exhaust my dash lights behaved normally, exhaust fitted and the red light started coming on very early(2000rpm), ithen had an allisprt intercooler fitted, the boost was set at 14psi , now i get a green light till 2200rpm then red till 2900 rpm then back to green. any advice would be much appreciated cheers

Hi Peter,

If you're looking at the red and green leds in the rev counter then it sounds like your new boost levels are activating the red overboost led.

IIRC the green led just shows you've got some boost - Toyota dropped this on some later models.

I'm not sure what pressure activates the switch - if you've fitted a boost gauge and keep an eye on it then I guess you could ditch the oem overboost warning switch altogether. Both pressure switches are located near the air filter box and connected to the inlet tract with small bore hose.

All the best,
Toby

I have read that the overboost warning (i.e., red led) is set to 14psi - I can't find where I read it but is was a forum discussion about the limits of boost you can safely run with the 1HD-T engine

it may be running over 14psi how did you up the boost if you did it with a power boost valve i would take it out and get a boost controller you find the power boost valve allow boost creep

Back