Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Removal of oil filter 1FZ-FE

Garage
I'm really not having not much with this 'cruiser tonight.

Dan is still trying to get the 54mm inner nut off in the mean time I've drained the engine oil and replaced the front diff oil. But, I cannot for the life of me work out how to get the oil filter off.

I've tried 3 different oil filter tools and a large grips but can't get access.
The oil filter Ian Rubie gave me is a lot larger than the filter currently on there.

The part number I've got is 90915-300002-8T the one on the engine now I can't read but it's a lot smaller in terms of girth, lenght looks the same.

Any tips on how to get it off, I just can't seem to get in there with it to free it off.

Thanks again.

Presume you've tried a filter "tool" that grips the filter to give more purchase?
You may end up having to punch holes through the sides to allow you to stick a long screwdriver or some kind of bar through the filter to get more leverage and unscrew it.
Remember the filter only needs to be done up hand tight.. I'm guessing you're wishing the previous owner had done that!

I gave you the wrong filter! Did not register the fact you had a petrol, that filter is for a diesel.

I do not have any petrol filters in stock.

Sorry.

Ian

Ian Rubie said:
I do not have any petrol filters in stock.

The over sized ones you've got for me should fit a 1FZ-FE.

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Ian Rubie":22h6mh0a]I do not have any petrol filters in stock.

The over sized ones you've got for me should fit a 1FZ-FE.[/quote:22h6mh0a]

Jon,

What are these oversized filters your talking about? Also what benefits would they pose over a standard size filter?

Cheers
Ryan

Lifted from mud:

A larger filter will give you more surface area to run the oil through. However, the real advantage to these filters is their construction, and the media that is used is superior to newer style OEM filters

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back