Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement Flexible Brake Hoses

Tsavo

Hello fellow 70 series owners.

I'm planning to replace the flexible brake hoses on my LJ79 after I found some serious wear on the existing ones during the front wheel assembly rebuild I completed last week. One PITA that I came across was the solid metal brake pipe (47343-60060) connecting the caliper to the mounting on the axle. This meant I had to disconnect caliper completely and bleed the brake lines after finishing the already ridiculously messy job of wheel assembly. I'm no guru, but if that pipe was a flexible hose the caliper could have easily been moved clear of the knuckle - tied up to the spring - to avoid having to bleed the lines.

Has anyone come across a suitable flexible hose replacement (ideally an OEM part for another model) for this - 47343-60060 - part? I've done some hunting around on toyodiy and forums but can't find any answers there.

If anyone can point me in the right direction here I'd be chuffed!

Cheers!

You are dead right about what a damn nuisance that solid pipe is. Every time I need to remove the disk I end up having to refill the reservoir and bleed the brakes. And the mess it makes. Like you, I have often thought how much easier those bearing and axle jobs would be if it was a flexible pipe. I haven't found a suitable one yet but I am still looking. If anyone here has found a solution I would be glad to hear, too. It's a difficult location for a flexible pipe, however. Very close to the disk and caliper, not to mention the spring. Don't want it to get caught up in those as it moves around. I shall be following this with interest.

Don't really know why would you want to do that as if you've done a proper job that caliper probably won't need to be taken off for another 10-20 years. Flexible hose isn't needed there but if you really want one then you can go to any workshop or ebay seller that makes HEL hoses, snap couple photos of what you need and ask them to make you a couple.

Back