Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RGS Overland Travel Workshop 2012

BrendanB

News from Sam Watson

The dates and venue for the 2012 RGS Overland Travel Workshop have been set. July 21-22 in Malton, north of York.

Reason for change of date and venue twofold;

1. I live in Cairo at the mo and it needs to be when I am in the UK!
2. The old venue messed up and double-booked us, so we have moved to a bigger and better location.

Lecture list and costs TBA soon!

Get in touch if interested

SW

So put date in your diary

Brendan

Overland travel workshop

Saturday 21 July 2012 and Sunday 22 July 2012 from 9am
Weekend workshop aimed at those wishing to travel to remote areas on self-supported vehicle dependent expeditions. Ten lectures and workshops given by desert guides, travellers, bush mechanics and other experts. Wide range of trade stands with equipment and expertise. Camping and Bed and Breakfast accommodation available for attendees.

Venue: Malton Community Sports Centre, Broughton Road, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 7BP.

Please note costs vary.

It was Andy. From Sam:
Dear All
With great sadness I must pass on the news of the cancellation of this year's RGS Overland Workshop. Bureaucracy has intervened at a very late stage, and the Regional Committee of the RGS has stated that they cannot endorse the event without direct control over the finances, insurance and paperwork. With ten weeks to go this just isn't possible, and we cannot operate without their insurance cover.
I do apologise for this news, and the late stage at which it is delivered. Many of you (myself included) had obviously planned for the event and were looking forward to it.
It may be that we can re-launch the event next year under a different banner. I will keep you posted.
Thank you so much for all your support and enthusiasm.
Best wishes
Sam Watson

Landrover is a corporate sponsor of RGS to boot so it is sad bureacracy killed it.

Back