Rims?

AboutAfrica

I am in namibia
May 19, 2019
Hi Guy's

Question, I have the standard steelies fitted with 35" tyres. I think the original rims are 8j? As the tyres seem a bit "pinched" I would like to go wider but would prefer to keep the steelies as if you bend them or so you can sort it with a hammer. I have the option to have them widened at a engineering shop, but somehow I dont quite trust the story, we drive hard and are often loaded for overland trips. Has anybody had their standard steel wheels widened?

I can get 10j rims but they are mags, I cant seem to find any 9/10j steelies anywhere.

stumog

I am in england
Oct 3, 2012
So in the UK this is called banding. Which isn't legal on the road. However lots used to do it back in the day.

I would happy to have them if I knew they had been welded by me or someone I trusted my life to. With the quality of the welding I have seen if Africa id see what other options there are

AboutAfrica

I am in namibia
May 19, 2019
Would be done by a german guy who has a engineering place, his work is tops. But...as you say, it's a major safety factor. If that rims hits a rock or a hole at 120km/h loaded on a gravel road it's a problem. ok, I just answered my own question there I think...

Reactions: GeekOKent and fbnss
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks