Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof Top Tent - Lader Extension

Andrew Brierley

Country Flag
england
I have just moved my Tentco roof top tent from my 120 to my 80, but the ladder now dangles 6" in mid air.
I have asked if Tentco sell a ladder extension, but they don't (goodness knows why not!). Has anyone found a firm that sells them, or is it the a case of having to find a local fabricator?

All help appreciated..... Tx, Andrew

Terrain do an extension but I haven't a scooby whether it's the right profile but worth a look

Chris

Thanks Chis, but 'Terrain' who? The only one I have heard of is a training school...

Terrain. Like I said. They do roof tents, awnings and stuff. They are called TERRAIN. Down in Hastings IIRC. Let me see what happens if I try Google.

Oh yes, look here. http://www.terrainvehicles.co.uk/index.html

Only pulling your leg mate. I know who they are and I still find them tricky to locate at times. I think they have changed their web thingy a few times and actually their website is rubbish. They exhibit at shows, some of their stuff is good and some, hmm well. They are also a bit rubbish at communicating. But they DO have an extension. My tent is a terrain and is a copy of a Howling Moon. Now taking measurements that mean something might be tricky for a ladder. If you took a pic and scribbled dimensions on it, I could check it against mine.

Chris

I find them tricky to deal with, wouldn't give a straight answer to a very simple question, not in a dodgy sense, just very very bad communication.

Thanks Chris, I'll give them a shout tomorrow. I also found that Devon4x4 list a ladder extension, so I've sent them an email. I'll let you know what I find....

Tx, A

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Andrew,

Is this of any interest,,Ladder on Ebay

[attachment=2:bpi838t8]Ladder 1.jpg[/attachment:bpi838t8]
[attachment=1:bpi838t8]Ladder 2.jpg[/attachment:bpi838t8]
[attachment=0:bpi838t8]Ladder 3.jpg[/attachment:bpi838t8]
Plenty long enough.

Gra.

Attachments

• Ladder 1.jpg
    Ladder 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 676
  • Ladder 2.jpg
    Ladder 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 418
  • Ladder 3.jpg
    Ladder 3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 364
That wouldn't work Gra. The ladder supports the deck when it's opened out. It's not just for access - it's load bearing. The extension ladder is the same profile as the main ladder ans slides in the same tracks. If you can't get one, you might be able to replace the whole thing with a loft ladder. Wouldn't be that hard.

Chris

Yep,
Forgot the ladder is load bearing.

Plan "B" the loft ladder seems good.

Gra.

I have an Easy Awn roof tent that comes with a short extension ladder. Worth a call to them to check the dims to see if it might fit yours? Got mine from Yorks4x4 but there are other importers around. May take a while if they have to ship one in from SA.

Back