Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rotting rads

G

Hi All
Sorry I missed all the fun at the weekend! But with the pressure of work and family the weekends are not really mine.
I noticed that my rad, which is now the third I have had to replace, is looking rather dented so I had a poke around and the little fins that run between the vertical bars are rotting away across the whole radiator. I cannot think of a way to repair this so its to be a new rad from Milners for over =A3200.
There was evidence of salt deposits throughout the engine area so I assume this is the cause so I have "gently" jetwashed the engine bay but its too late for the rad. Also I think I need to fabricate a thin mesh screen to protect the rad as there are a number of holes in it now and I keen to protect it once I put in the new one.
Keep you posted.
All the best

Regards

Simon Hughes

Hi Simon,
Out of interest was this a factory rad or a 3rd party one -I've
certainly not seen this on a factory one before.
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift

Hi Julian
If I remember correctly it was a cheap pattern one from my local motor factors. It still cost =A3100 and has lasted 2 years so is not that much of a saving. The original gave up the ghost after a rock went straight thru it whilst motoring down the M2.
All the best

Regards

Simon Hughes
Consultant

Stratasearch
5 St Johns Lane
London
EC1M 4BH

Office: +44 020 7549 3663
Mobile: +44 07973 288061

www.stratasearch.co.uk

Back