Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Running power to rear of 80 series

Anderson connector is ideal. What size cable is that Patty? With blue crimp bullets (which is what it looks like in your hand) that would be a max of 2.5mm. If so, you are limited to a fag lighter socket really. Suitable supply for a fridge? If I'm right, I think it won't be.

Also pitching in a bit late...

+1 for the T-Max split charge system.

I brought my cable from the DS battery (which is the leisure battery). Fused immediately at the battery, all in convoluted sleeving, through the bulkhead and back to a fusebox in the rear where the speaker and amp used to be.

I did a job on the speaker bracket to set it back a bit and use the speaker grille for access to the fusebox.

001.jpg
003.jpg
009.jpg

I installed a T-Max system in the week thats comming to a halt now.

I all honesty; I fitted the Aux battery in the back & off course the relay/solenoid in the engine bay. There is significant more work to installing the T-Max than the NatLuna. So if one if paying for labour, worth having in mind. The display is also abit bigger. If space is tight or cramped, think abt that too :)
The T-Max kit is indeed not as dear as the National Luna kit.

The NL also has a display on the relay/solenoid itself, so IF the (optional) remote display goes down, there is still the possebility to monitor the condition. Then again, the NL takes up abit more space, which I found out last week when I fitted it to a LC100.

I used, in both vehicles, a marine grade fuse box (BlueSea style) having both fused Positive & Earth negative terminals. So all cables come back to 1 point. Have not bothered with LED displayed "fuses"....

I do also have the National Lune (stand alone) battery box which holds both relay/solenoid & dispaly in one unit.
Its being fed thrugh an Anderson plug. Quite okay it there is occational use only or it my boat needs some extra juice.

Many ways lead forward & the choice is Yours.
Which one is better & holds up longer, that remains to be seen :)

Thanks for all the advice. Just to show my ignorance yet again is there anything special I need to do given my 80 has two batteries already. My plan is to take a feed off the drivers side battery to the split charge system. Is this ok?

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for all the advice. Just to show my ignorance yet again is there anything special I need to do given my 80 has two batteries already. My plan is to take a feed off the drivers side battery to the split charge system. Is this ok?

Thanks

Rob
I would say that is really the only place to take it from safely on the 24 volt start system.

Thanks

Rob

Just wondering.. you have 2 batteries already. I am guessing they are regular batteries and not agm/deepcycle etc. They are already in parallel charge..

Why exactly are you investing in a split charge system ? Wont you just need a simle relay that defaults to off, between the two batteries be enough to isolate them? That way your passenger side is always only ever used with the engine running and your driver side is used when engine is off + when needed for the 24v start and will just charge the way it does now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi, Sorry just seen your reply. I'm looking to fit a 3rd battery to run a fridge, some accessory ports and a couple of lights etc. I want a system that isolates both front batteries to avoid accidentally flattening them.

Back