Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Russian Truck in need of love..... Ural 375A

Bert, I've been told of a bloke around the Portsdown Hill / Southwick area, that collects and does up old military vehicles (also works on Land Cruisers apparently). I could try and get some contact details for you if it might help.
Hello Ian. That's sounds pretty good, only up the road from where I am, and just a little further for the truck. Yes, please send contact details, the fellow sounds right up my street. Regards, Simon

Love these trucks, but know nothing about them at all.

I might be able to get the Russian translated though, if that's any help.

Plenty of these here, but I don't know what they are or where they're made... they're not the same, that's for sure...

View attachment 123216 View attachment 123217 View attachment 123218
Hi Clive. They are awesome beasts, I'm just glad I'm not responsible for feeding one! Thanks for the offer of translation, but I think he's got little stickers on the dials showing what the translation means, assuming of course that the translation is correct in the first place!

Post this to the Russian Military Truck forum mate....
https://www.russianmilitarytrucks.com/phpBB3/index.php

Theres a lot of BS about these trucks (multi fuel being just one) and the mpg for the bigger trucks is single digit...

Zoltan and the other guys on the Overland forum are better placed to comment...
Hello Dave. Thanks for the link, that is going to be of help no end, assuming they are as good as the guys on this forum :) I did try searching for a Russian Truck forum, obviously I didn't put the right parameters in the search. I'll send the link on to my mate. Cheers, Simon

Where's this truck located may I ask?

For some reason the front view makes my warped brain think of Willie Whitelaw! Must be the eyebrows I suppose.
Hello SC. The truck is in the Curbridge, Hampshire area....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello Ian. That's sounds pretty good, only up the road from where I am, and just a little further for the truck. Yes, please send contact details, the fellow sounds right up my street. Regards, Simon

No worries, I don't know the fella but I'll see what I can find out. :thumbup:

No worries, I don't know the fella but I'll see what I can find out. :thumbup:
Hello Ian. Hope one is well. Did you have any luck tracking contact details for this person? Regards, Simon

Hello Ian. Hope one is well. Did you have any luck tracking contact details for this person? Regards, Simon

Hi Simon
Sorry it's been a while getting back to you. ( work kinda gets in the way of interesting stuff).
You have a PM conversation type thing (if it worked).
Turns out the fella hires military vehicles out for films/tv and stuff. He also has a Russian truck apparently. Said he'd be more than happy to talk but he does get very busy and is quite often out of the country.
Sounds like a very interesting bloke though. I think he is the one with the 100 series pick up for sale on eBay.
Hope that helps.
By the way, I think I followed you out of Fareham the other morning. Truck looks good :thumbup:

Hi Simon
Sorry it's been a while getting back to you. ( work kinda gets in the way of interesting stuff).
You have a PM conversation type thing (if it worked).
Turns out the fella hires military vehicles out for films/tv and stuff. He also has a Russian truck apparently. Said he'd be more than happy to talk but he does get very busy and is quite often out of the country.
Sounds like a very interesting bloke though. I think he is the one with the 100 series pick up for sale on eBay.
Hope that helps.
By the way, I think I followed you out of Fareham the other morning. Truck looks good :thumbup:
Hello Ian. I knew someone had said they thought they'd seen me....are you local to the area then?

Yep. I live in Fareham as well. This forum used to have members location on the left of each post ( with their other details and avatar) provided they filled it in on their profile page.

Yep. I live in Fareham as well. This forum used to have members location on the left of each post ( with their other details and avatar) provided they filled it in on their profile page.
That would explain it then. We're in Hammond Road.....

Yeah. Chuck a stone south and you might hit me. I'm just down Bishopsfield Road past the college

Hello anybody.
It has been a long, long time, but my friend finally got this old beauty sorted out, MOT'd, and back on the road.
I believe that he has now moved West Country way, and residing in a field somewhere.
Though he didn't use any of the suggestions kindly offered on this forum, I thank everyone who did try to help out.
Cheers all,
Simon

I saw that when he was getting it out of the undergrowth. Used up all the fuel the first time. :) Rugged solid old trucks though.

Last edited:
Hi Simon, I know this is an old thread but I have the translation for you (or anyone else for that matter).
Basically the left group is as expected, standard gears. Not sure what the 3X is, maybe extra low. The next is high and low gears high at the top (B) and low at the bottom (H) and the right is differential with unlocked at the top (1) and locked at the bottom (2).

Back