Rustproofing Recommendations

Charlie

I am in indonesia
Apr 9, 2010
Northants / Indonesia
I want to get my Troopy rustproofed before the winter. When I had my 80 series I go the underside treaded by Rustbuster’s at Spalding and was pretty happy with the service and results, but I wondered what other options are available.
So far I know of Rustbusters and Krown, but not sure of the advantages/disadvantages of each.

nick_the_fish

Supporter
I am in great_britain
Jul 24, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
I assume you're familiar with Waxoil and Dinitrol Charlie. Just in case you're not, 2 rust proofing products worth looking at. We had the 105 done 5 years ago when we got back from Africa and its looks pretty much the same now as it did then.

Reactions: Charlie
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Shayne

Supporter
Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
In my ideal world i'd make the underside pretty and then have it Krown coated because by its very nature it gets everywhere without actually hiding anything .

Jacob100

Supporter
Dec 15, 2017
Sheffield
Krown offer a great service and a free check-up/top-up after a year. Virtually zero deterioration on mine. Fantastic company.

Philip amos

Supporter
I am in uk
Jan 30, 2019
manchester uk
i used krown and he asked me to go back in 6 months for a check as mine had surface rust and i was having some work done. cant fault. im also going to waxoyl as its thicke r, belts and braces

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks