Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Search problem

ignat

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
search1.jpg

In fact it doesnt like any of my search terms.

It does this on both of my work computers Dont recall if it works on my home PC's

:?: :?:

Hi Kevin,

It'll do it all your computers. It's an annoying feature of the search. I was looking into it last night with the tyre issue (you cannot search for tyre either!)

Basically, the board decides that some words are common and meaningless in a search as they will return too many results. I need to work out what it makes the assumptions on and change it. Clearly being a 4x4 forum we need things like tyre and morocco to work ;)

Watch this space :geek:

While its getting sorted type your search term into google and then type site:landcruiserclub.net after it. Google will restrict the search to this site. You cant search by categories etc but it work better than the site search tool ATM.

Thanks Rob, should have mentioned that. Yes, google is better than the built in search when it comes to phrases etc.

Thanks chaps

I guess its using the Oxford English dictionary to determine its list of common words :lol:

Cool I will use that google method. Didnt think of that !

Crispin - I've reset the threshold - when you've a chance can you rebuild the index so we can dump the words already thought of as 'common' and thus unsearchable ...

Cheers ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ingat's reminder today, well, reminded me :oops:

Ok, it's rebuilding now but may take a while to sort itself out.

One thing I have noticed, when you search for "tyres" it says
Search found 0 matches
but there is a long list of results. Something isnt right :think:

I saw that this morning. Not sure why, will have a look.
It only finished building the index at around 2am. When I checked it last night I assumed it would fix itself. Guess not...

Back