Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Service Manuals

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Feel a bit cheeky posting this cos basically I want something for nothing! Can anyone currently download the 120 service manuals via the "service manuals" link here? I've tried 4 browsers on 3 different operating systems and no joy. Can download other manuals, just not the 120 stuff. Ta

Looks like the link is broken, one for admin to sort out.....

Crispin.... pinging Crispin!

Will sort it out tonight. Some of the files were corrupted when we moved servers.

Much as I hate to bring it up with a volunteer admin of such a good site. Any chance of this being available?

Rob - check your pm's ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry, something very screwy going on with this setup. I it appears the server thinks the file is corrupt no matter how I upload it or import it which is why it cannot download it. I'll have to work out what is going on.
Hopefully Gary's PM was a link elsewhere for it.

Crispin ... if it's a PDF re-distilling it through ghost script may fix the issue you're having?

urm, only just learnt what re-distilling is but why and what's a ghost script?

I don't think it is a problem with the pdf as such but rather something odd with the way the download plugin works. I'll have another stab and failing that, I'll just do a normal post with links to the downloads in. KISS. :D

Curious though what the ghost script thingy does.

Ghost script is a post script processor. Can convert/render post script files (Which PDFs are a type of.) Interestingly post script is essentially a programming language so it can do all kinds of funk things in relation to display text & images.

So when you distill a PDF using ghost script (http://www.ghostscript.com/) you are re drawing it so to speak which can correct any errors.

It's also great for removing silly print protection on some PDFs

If you want to send it by drop box or something similiar I can run it through ghost script to see if it fixes the problem.

Back