Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Servicing 105 series

agbucks

i am looking for a company to service my Land Cruiser in the South Bucks/Herts area.
anyone any suggestions of someone they could recommend?

with thanks, andy

Whereabouts are you? you can't go wrong with Julian Voelcker over in Ledbury about 8 miles from Hereford :thumbup:

thanks but Ledbury quite a distance from me. i am close to M25 in South Bucks/Hertfordshire.

Andy

Worth it though, I travel up to him from Morden, South London.

The guys at Steven Eagell Toyota in Aylesbury have worked on mine, never anything major though. Give discounts to club members. Doubt many 105s pass through their doors but...

What work do you want done on it? A basic service and you should be ok with your local Toyota dealer. Anything more substantial, even greasing the props, you're probably better off taking it to an independent methinks.

Welcome by the way - please show us some pics of your 105! Very rare beasts in these parts! :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
getting ready for a trip to Nordcamp in a few weeks and hence need for service.

still trying to find a good independent in these parts.

Attachments

• P1060642 (2).JPG
    P1060642 (2).JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 326
Cossack said:
Worth it though, I travel up to him from Morden, South London.
My vote also would be Julian at Overland Cruisers.

Hell that's a nice looking truck :cool:
I presume a basic service is required, rather than completely baselining the vehicle as someone (you?) has clearly spent time kitting it out and presumably making sure it's mechanically sound?

A DIY oil-change & filter, air & fuel filter change, inspect pads, check wheel-bearings for play, grease UJs and inspect rad hoses and coolant level and you should be away. :thumbup:

thanks - yes, getting the basics done. my aim is to be able to do a basic service myself once someone has shown me the ropes.

Everything I described is pretty straight-forward (of course everything is easy once you know how :oops: ) - how much mechanical experience do you have and do you have a reasonable tool-kit?

As the 105 is very similar to the 80 mechanically, you can find out how to do all the jobs I listed by trawling the site. I am happy to talk you through the slightly more tricky jobs like wheel-bearing adjustment. If you were closer I'd pop over and give you a hand.

Alternatively, you could come to Lincomb (see Club Function Room section) and there'd be plenty of hands to guide and assist you ;)

Cheers,

agbucks said:
thanks - yes, getting the basics done. my aim is to be able to do a basic service myself once someone has shown me the ropes.
Hi Andy, I agree with the others recommendation for Julian Voelcker at Overland Cruisers.

As well as being very knowledgable about Land Cruisers, he also offers to train owners as he works on their vehicle, ( http://www.overland-cruisers.co.uk/training/ ). So you'd be able to get your 105 serviced and learn how to look after it yourself at the same time.

On a different note, that's I lovely looking 105 that you have there, did you buy it recently? As I used to know a couple who had one very similar, and they'd traveled to some interesting destinations in it.

Hi Scott. i bought the 105 from John Cox who used the truck extensively in the Americas, Middle East, Europe and some parts of Africa.
thanks for all the suggestions for service - looks like Overland Cruisers is a good starting point.

So it is the same truck, and a very nice truck it is as well. A good buy :thumbup:

You shouldn't go far with it, it was well spec'd and well built, so you it should serve you well on your travels.

Back