Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Setting cruise control above 110km/h

Toffieappel

Country Flag
south_africa
I'm not sure if this question has been awnsered before but is it possible to set the speed above 110 km/h. I noticed today that it only allow to set at a max of 110 km/h.

Mine goes above that.

Last edited:
Maybe the way I set it wrong. I speed up to 120km/h. Press the button on the cruise control level. The indictor then comes on, on the dash. I then press the level down to set. Then up to start / enable. When I let go of the excelerator the cruiser slows down to 110km/h and keep the speed there.

Am I doing something wrong?

Speed up to 130 and see what speed it sets at then.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Theres your answer. Would be interesting to know how its governed. Cant be that complicated.

Adrian, thanks for the help.

Is it possible to change the limiter on the cruise control?

Regards

I once fitted a bolt on cruise control unit made by Sears to a Shogun I had. That unit had a small electronic box of tricks with some adjustments in it. I would hazard a guess that either there may be adjustments in the Toyota box (mark or otherwise note their positions first before altering anything 'cos there may be more than one). So, and this would need help from one with higher knowledge than me, locate the cruise control ECU and try adjusting one adjustment at a time. Post a pic of location and of the unit and that will help. It may be possible to identify which bit to adjust (may need the lid off).

Alternately, swap it for a UK cruise control ECU.

Further than that I can't help as I haven't got cruise control on mine.…Would be nice to have though[emoji6] if anyone has the parts to add it S/H.

Last edited:
OK can someone help. Where would I find the cruise control ECU?

Thanks to all for the help thus far.

Regards

OK can someone help. Where would I find the cruise control ECU?

Thanks to all for the help thus far.

Regards

According to the diagrams in the FSM, the CC ECU is under the dash board near the steering wheel.

Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 11.12.05.png

Last edited:
Thanks Towpack. I will see if I can find something to adjust on the CC ECU.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cant help other than with the info about the limit. ecu might well sort it

Be intreseted on this as mine is an import and is restricted so if a uk model ecu works should be an easiesh switch

Back