Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Shift Lock

Lewis07

Bored of looking through the manual, so can anyone tell me how you know the Shift Lock is on or off? No dash warning light appears to come on. I assume this is for holding gears when in semi-manual mode?

It you are talking about the little button at the top of the gear selectod indicator lights by the gear lever, then this is to take it out of park should you have no battery power or if the electrical interlock fails. Really just for emergency use.

It you are talking about the little button at the top of the gear selectod indicator lights by the gear lever, then this is to take it out of park should you have no battery power or if the electrical interlock fails. Really just for emergency use.

Ah, so nothing like what I thought it was for then.:icon-redface:

Last edited:
The old 1960's Jaguars has a shift lock and it was to hold the three speed auto box in 2nd for overtaking, but the LC version is as above

The old 1960's Jaguars has a shift lock and it was to hold the three speed auto box in 2nd for overtaking, but the LC version is as above

I've had one or two more modern motors with similar set ups for overtaking but thanks for the clarification on the LC set up. :thumbup:

Back