Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Show us pics of your 100/105 series

100 = IFS
105 = Solid Beam axle up front, like the 80

Think some other cosmetic differences too, but those are the main ones. 105 don't come as a VX trim, only as GX or GXL I think, and were limited to Aus and African markets, I think.

P6040304.JPG

P6040307.JPG

Andrew Prince said:
IFS vs SFA (Independent Front Suspension vs Solid Front Axle)

Also in most markets the 100 came out with the more modern 4.7l V8 petrol (2UZ) and the intercooled TD 4.2 (1HD-FTE) whereas the 105 has the normally aspirated 1HZ diesel and the 4.5l straight 6 petrol (1FZ-FE)

Cosmetically they look very similar but there are quite a lot of differences beneath the skin too. The 105 only came out in the basic GX spec (manual, cloth seats, limited elec goodies etc) or GXL in Aus (auto an option in petrol versions). 105 very much intended as a workhorse.
Different chassis too, so bullbars and rear bumpers are not interchangeable.
100 series is much more refined in VX form, with lots of electrics, AHC in many cases etc etc.

I note BlackBetty above has a 100 with the 1FZ, which was not an option in the UK AFAIK.

Cheers,

BlackBetty is a GCC(Middle East Import) hence the 100 with the 1FZ motor. They are extremely common around here and are favoured vehicles here. I have recently completed a Rub A Khali (Empty Quarter) Trip and she performed extremely well.

BIG clean GREEN said:
Hopefully not too bone a question, but what's difference between 100 and 105 ??
See Gary's post - 100=IFS, 105=SFA .

Think you have to post a picture if you post in this thread :mrgreen:

IMG_1192.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
David Mudford said:
Nice rubber Jon, thats the most serious set tyres I have seen on a IFS cruiser.
They rub slightly at full lock but no worse really than they did on my 80. They're not my DD tyres, I usually run 285x75x18 Toyo AT's on OEM alloys. Are those Pro Comp MT's you're running? I liked a set of those I had on my 80 :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
They rub slightly at full lock but no worse really than they did on my 80. They're not my DD tyres, I usually run 285x75x18 Toyoa AT's on OEM alloys. Are those Pro Comp MT's you're running? I liked a set of those I had on my 80 :)
Yes they are Procomp muds, 35x12.5 18R Triwall version, I have just fitted my second set and been very happy with them as a good allrounder. I had a few issues with rubbing but a bit of massaging and trimming of the mud flaps and guards solved that. :)

Hi David,
I have spent a lot of time in oz over the last 10 years, usually your summer,over christmas. Have owned a hilux, 1990, and changed that for an 80,1991, did the Canning in that at the end of nov 2003. Just got thru before the rains!!!! Sold it in 2005, now looking at a 105. It belongs to a friends parents,they live out at Geelong, just need to persuade them,as they have been on about it since feb. Hoping to be back at end of Jan 2011.

Was your rig in 4wd action last month?? I am a long term subscriber.Great mag.

Good to have an aussie on the forum.

Cheers,

Tony.

Hi david,
Top truck. Had email yesterday about friends 105, will know more if selling it in a couple of weeks. If not do you know of any? Might need a fourby buddy to help find one. Has to be a toyota though for obvious reasons. Cheers,tony.

Back