Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Side step for my LC

MrJimBeam

Hi all

I am new to LC, and new to this forum.
I just bought a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado from 2003, and is now on the lookout for a set of side steps/rock slides.
Any suggestions? What to look for?

/MrJimBeam

Gav's Custom Fabs.

Say no more.

Graham

Not sure if Gav made any for the 120?

I too need some, mine are held on by gravity and luck. :whistle:

There are a number of commercially available ones but they mostly bling and would not survive anything other than long grass :lol:

Dad won't let me near his 120 to take measurements, he says I'll break it... :oops:

we need to fix that then...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know Greg at Landcruisers Overland had a set made up for one of his customers, not sure if Julian at Overland Cruisers has started doing them for 120's yet?

i've got a mate who makes bespoke offroad bits and pieces, tbh I'm selling my pajero offroader, and some of the funds from that could well be going towards a set of rock/ tree sliders for my 120 ( and maybe a bumper :shh: )

I was going to ask for a price for a set for mine anyway, and i know the price would come down per unit if he were to make more than one set. His stuff is pretty good, he started off with pajeros, but is keen to expand his range. let me know if anyone's interested.

http://www.leylandfabdesign.co.uk/index.html

I've got no links to him other than being a satified customer!

mods: if i've broken any rules re. pimping, please feel free to delete my post!

I'm guessing the 120 sliders are far easier then 80 ones as the chassis is pretty much the same as a 90. Parallel? Jon I know you made some up, they weren't complex were they?

I just wonder if the excellent ones that J66P made for 95s would fit straight onto a 120.

Chris

I'd be interested if they look ok and price is right.
had a quick look on the site but there was only a small thumbnail type image.

(no harm in posting the link - anything relevant is all good)

Chris said:
I'm guessing the 120 sliders are far easier then 80 ones as the chassis is pretty much the same as a 90. Parallel? Jon I know you made some up, they weren't complex were they?
Complex? no. Parallel? Can't remember, don't think so towards the front, I have a drawing somewhere, maybe, if I can find it! :roll: It was a long time ago you know :whistle:

Chris said:
Parallel?
Looking at the construction pics maybe they were actually, might just have been the inside of the chassis rail that's different.

Hi Chris

Thanks, now I have updated my profile. I'm actually not living in the UK, I'm from Denmark.
So I'm looking for a reseller there is able to ship them to me.

The thought by buying my LC was to do a little bit of light offroad here in the start, until I got some experience.
So I have no idea about strength.

So far I only have two criteria:
1. protect the car when off-roading.
2. make it easier for my girlfriend to enter the car. She have complained about the height of the car ever since I got it :)

I hope that helped a bit.

/MrJimBeam

Hi MrjimBeam,

I have just bought a set of rock sliders from Sam Equipements in France http://www.sam-equipements.com/
to my LC 125. They are easy to do business with, though they are French, but they speak English.

I'm also from Denmark, so if you have any other questions about what to do with your car, if you want to take it off road, can you send me a PM, and I will try to answer you.

/Lion

Back