Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Skype mobile

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Can you use Skype on mobiles?

I realise it will have to be a smart phone but any type i need or to stay away from as with the upcoming move to Oz it will be very useful if i can.

Cheers Andy :thumbup: Already gone through that one but just wondered if there were any real world reviews like yours, they will be UK Oz calls so hopefully call quality will be ok.
Was using the the Skype to Mobile (phone) service from Africa and it was ok sometimes, usually had to try a few times to get a good line.

I think skype works about the same on any mobile - I've used it on Windoze Mobile and now use it on my Android phone I've also used it on my bosses iPhone. As you say from Africa it can be a bit hit and miss but thats to do with speed of internet rather than skype itself. I guess depending on where you are in Oz (remote or City) will determine it.

Hope that helps
Mark

Use mine on the iphone between SA and UK and UK and Oz - both voice only and video - and it's been fine.

I also use Viber on the same routing and it's just as good.

Skype will run over 3G and I think Viber needs to run on wi-fi but could be wrong :lol:

But to answer - yes it works and is painless...

Halina uses Skype on her android phone to make calls to Poland all the time, even over standard 2G without any issues.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I use one of them overseas numbers where you call a local number and then it dials for you. Costs me 4p/minute to SA and call is perfect.
http://www.02071246666.com/jd/pages/home.php seems to be the one. Beware of the 2p/m if you dial the 0844 number.

Last I checked the prices of Skype it was more expensive and call quality sounded like it was back in the 80s with the undersea cables.

I use skype on my old iphone when abroad (no sim card) - works ok and better than netbook and headphones.

Back