Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slindon Safari

Ecky Thump

Garage
Me, Tommo and Crispin had a day out on the Slindon site today.

Good day but I had a few issues like another tyre sidewall :cry: and my alternator seems to have partly given up.
You might also spot on the photos that I got myself well and truly stuck :lol:

DSCN4428.jpg

DSCN4424.jpg

DSCN4463.jpg

DSCN4460.jpg

DSCN4468.jpg

DSCN4438.jpg

How many Landrovers does it take....................... :?: :?: :?:

DSCN4450.jpg

and no off road day can go without......... :lol:
DSCN4471.jpg

You kept that one quiet, looks good there must try it sometime.

Need to go and get mine muddy again as most repairs nearly done.

Bad luck with the tyre, Les - occupational hazard I guess.... :sick:

Why the LR/RR pull? What happened to your fellow LC-ers there? The 95 and 120 taking a "breather"? :whistle: Hilarious that it took a whole fleet of Solihull's finest to recover you :lol:

That was three V8s with monster tyres and one of them with a welded rear dif. Even then it took ages to free me :lol:

I think that with the best will in the world the cruisers would have failed and of course we wouldn't have got the photos either.

Sorry Paul, never thought to mention it :oops:

Andrew Prince said:
Bad luck with the tyre, Les - occupational hazard I guess.... :sick:

Why the LR/RR pull? What happened to your fellow LC-ers there? The 95 and 120 taking a "breather"? :whistle: Hilarious that it took a whole fleet of Solihull's finest to recover you :lol:

More chance of plaiting fog than shifting that, it was sat on it's belly!

Hence the v8's with mud tyres. Even then it was a close-run thing with much hole digging, burning clutches and swearing.

The problem with the 80 is once it is well stuck what is powerful enough to shift it? (Apart from another 80...... which we didn't have)

Tommo&Claire said:
The problem with the 80 is once it is well stuck what is powerful enough to shift it? (Apart from another 80...... which we didn't have)
A 100 :mrgreen: Looks like you had fun :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My sole contribution to the photos:

Tommo was standing right in front of me.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyNTkuanBn.jpg

My ugly version of Flying Spirit

Crispin said:
My sole contribution to the photos:

Tommo was standing right in front of me.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyNTkuanBn.jpg

My ugly version of Flying Spirit

Tommo's head makes a good bonnet ornament :lol:

When I finally loose it and go postal, I'll remember that. (He'd put up a good fight though!)

Looks like a good day out mud & sun :mrgreen: Never fails :D :thumbup:

Never really gave any thought to where the spare was on the later Collies :think: Do they ever get damaged hung under the back there like that :?:

All you needed to get that 80 out was an Hi-Lift & a couple of waffles :D

sae70 said:
All you needed to get that 80 out was an Hi-Lift & a couple of waffles :D

Might have needed a few more than a couple of waffles, all four of my wheels were off the deck :clap:

Had the alternator out this afternoon. The brushes were so clogged up with mud that one of them couldn't reach the slip ring.
Went and bought a brush pack for the princely sum of £6.80 and all is now well again, apart from the tyre of course :cry:

Les, you seem to be going through those tyres!
Looks like you had a good day, I have got to get back and make sure I can get up that hill now my center diff is working again
Where did you find all that mud and did you have a go at the bit over by the A27, down to the right from the trail running over towards the back of the site?

Julian said:
Les, you seem to be going through those tyres!
Looks like you had a good day, I have got to get back and make sure I can get up that hill now my center diff is working again
Where did you find all that mud and did you have a go at the bit over by the A27, down to the right from the trail running over towards the back of the site?

I chickened out this time due to having no spare by the time we got there but Crispin gave it a go and managed to get through by the trees :clap:

Gav Peter said:
Bloomin eck Les - not another tyre... :(

Yes mate, yet another bl**dy tyre up the proverbial swanee. Little hole in the side wall but a damn great gash that must be almost through :thumbdown:

Back