Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkel - which one and how?

Tommo1

Hi guys,

I’m looking to get a snorkel for my 1989 LJ70 (with a 2.4L 2L-T) and could do with some advice please.

Firstly which one? Safari do the SS71R but these are expensive (if I can even get hold of one) and I’m not sure they're worth the money? Bravo do the ST70 for around £180 which I am prepared to pay - but are Bravo any good? Should I be looking at another brand?

Secondly, I’m trying to work out how to connect it to the air box – my current stock intake is on the wrong side for a snorkel (pic below). The easier option would be to run a long hose around the air box but is this going to decrease performance? Alternatively should I look to mod the airbox (which Bravo tech support say is "normal for fitting a snorkel") and make a new intake on the side where the snorkel comes in, requiring less ducting in the engine bay?

Any advice appreciated - thanks

Airbox.jpg

If you use the air box off a square light later lj70 it has the input pipe that goes into the inner wing. If I remember you will need to relocate the relay to allow it into the inner wing. I believe I have one that you can have if you can cover the postage.. free... Pm me and you'll get over the issue to get the air from the inner wing.

No idea on a snorkel! :thumbup:

If you use the air box off a square light later lj70 it has the input pipe that goes into the inner wing. If I remember you will need to relocate the relay to allow it into the inner wing. I believe I have one that you can have if you can cover the postage.. free... Pm me and you'll get over the issue to get the air from the inner wing.

No idea on a snorkel! :thumbup:

You're an absolute legend - thanks. I would PM you but I'm new on this forum and apparantly I need to make 20 posts before I can PM anyone! If you can email me your address I'll arrange for a courier to collect it from you? Thanks again mate

Last edited:
You're welcome mate!

P1020227.JPG

I've found it and have a new air filter for you too, I'll email you later tonight just need to go and collect some wood to fire up the BBQ and have dinner! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back