Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Land Cruiser VX 80 Series 1991 HDJ81 4.2 VX

iceman

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi All, I've been away for a while (apologies), but a difficult decision has been made to sell my overland 80, which I’ve had for 8 years. But I’ll still be keeping my standard 80 for now.

I’ve had my 80 since June 2014, and wanted to advertise it on here first, is it a good example of a rust free Japanese import and I want it to go to an enthusiast. In 2014 it was fully prepped for a solo Morocco trip.

Toyota Land Cruiser VX 80 Series 1991 HDJ81 4.2 VX LTD Snow Edition J Reg, 4.2cc, straight 6 diesel, automatic transmission.​

The body and interior is in good condition considering many vehicles this age don’t exist any longer. Drives really well, very comfortable for long distance travel, very capable off road.

I started with reliability in mind and replacing the BEB, Gearbox oil strainer, idler ass, timing belt, water pump. Also added an ATF cooler (original Toyota from later model). Two new Varta G7/G8 batteries. (2014)

Brand new Toyota original CV joints, shafts and front axle seal refurb, swivel seals/ wheel bearings as well as flanges from later models. To enable larger dia rotors. Also replaced diff pinion. (2014)

Next brakes, new larger discs rotors, callipers and pads and master cylinder. Replaced bushes/drop links/ handbrake cable

The air con, the compressor was refurbed, drier replacement and re gassed. (2014)

A full front to back replacement SS Longlife exhaust system with life time warranty

Next was the electrical system, converted the 12v starting to free up the second battery as a leisure battery, replaced with new Wood Auto 12v starter. Solenoid split charge system (2014)

The vehicle came with a 2.5 inch lift fitted in 2012. The vehicle has a the original Toyota right side spare wheel carrier (imports came as standard). The vehicle has an original Toyota brush/bush bumper, which contained the original winch but the previous owner removed it.

New Toyota safety belts fitted in 2015

Underside cleaned and treated in March 2016.

In 2019 I added 5x 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Mud Terrain tyres and Varta battery

In 2021 replaced the alternator with a new 12v 80A Alternator (Wood Auto), new Varta battery

MOT until Nov 2022.

318,115km on the clock – 197,667 miles

Tinted rear windows.

Black Widow drawer/storage in rear with fridge slide and additional tool storage and steel Load Guard/cargo barrier.

Working Sunroof. Centre diff lock and LSD in full functional. Remote central locking via Toad immobiliser

Lots of parts invoices and lots of genuine parts used. All historic MOT docs and has original toolkit

I don’t do any mud plugging it was fitted-out for an overlanding. All panels original and no welding, but does have a few minor dents and scratches, but just an honest 31 year old vehicle.

Couple of areas needing attention, the wind deflectors need replacement and or removal, the steering wheel could do with a cover or one from a latter model. Air conditioning worked well until recently when I fitted a new alternator and I broke the control cable.

I can add a Nat Luna fridge, new jerry cans and roof rack separately if wanted,

£9,500 ONCO- I'm hoping it will go to somebody owner who will continue to lavish love on it, please come view in Hertfordshire (images to follow)

I've got awhole file full of receipts and invoices - no bids?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's a lot of vehicle for the money......
Would be interested in the load guard if you ever split it up .

Hi All, I've been away for a while (apologies), but a difficult decision has been made to sell my overland 80, which I’ve had for 8 years. But I’ll still be keeping my standard 80 for now.

I’ve had my 80 since June 2014, and wanted to advertise it on here first, is it a good example of a rust free Japanese import and I want it to go to an enthusiast. In 2014 it was fully prepped for a solo Morocco trip.

Toyota Land Cruiser VX 80 Series 1991 HDJ81 4.2 VX LTD Snow Edition J Reg, 4.2cc, straight 6 diesel, automatic transmission.​

The body and interior is in good condition considering many vehicles this age don’t exist any longer. Drives really well, very comfortable for long distance travel, very capable off road.

I started with reliability in mind and replacing the BEB, Gearbox oil strainer, idler ass, timing belt, water pump. Also added an ATF cooler (original Toyota from later model). Two new Varta G7/G8 batteries. (2014)

Brand new Toyota original CV joints, shafts and front axle seal refurb, swivel seals/ wheel bearings as well as flanges from later models. To enable larger dia rotors. Also replaced diff pinion. (2014)

Next brakes, new larger discs rotors, callipers and pads and master cylinder. Replaced bushes/drop links/ handbrake cable

The air con, the compressor was refurbed, drier replacement and re gassed. (2014)

A full front to back replacement SS Longlife exhaust system with life time warranty

Next was the electrical system, converted the 12v starting to free up the second battery as a leisure battery, replaced with new Wood Auto 12v starter. Solenoid split charge system (2014)

The vehicle came with a 2.5 inch lift fitted in 2012. The vehicle has a the original Toyota right side spare wheel carrier (imports came as standard). The vehicle has an original Toyota brush/bush bumper, which contained the original winch but the previous owner removed it.

New Toyota safety belts fitted in 2015

Underside cleaned and treated in March 2016.

In 2019 I added 5x 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Mud Terrain tyres and Varta battery

In 2021 replaced the alternator with a new 12v 80A Alternator (Wood Auto), new Varta battery

MOT until Nov 2022.

318,115km on the clock – 197,667 miles

Tinted rear windows.

Black Widow drawer/storage in rear with fridge slide and additional tool storage and steel Load Guard/cargo barrier.

Working Sunroof. Centre diff lock and LSD in full functional. Remote central locking via Toad immobiliser

Lots of parts invoices and lots of genuine parts used. All historic MOT docs and has original toolkit

I don’t do any mud plugging it was fitted-out for an overlanding. All panels original and no welding, but does have a few minor dents and scratches, but just an honest 31 year old vehicle.

Couple of areas needing attention, the wind deflectors need replacement and or removal, the steering wheel could do with a cover or one from a latter model. Air conditioning worked well until recently when I fitted a new alternator and I broke the control cable.

I can add a Nat Luna fridge, new jerry cans and roof rack separately if wanted,

£9,500 ONCO- I'm hoping it will go to somebody owner who will continue to lavish love on it, please come view in Hertfordshire (images to follow)

Really interested. Are you able to send me a phone number?

Thanks,

Vix

Back