Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Speedo/Odometer not working 200 Series Land Cruiser GXR

Country Flag
scotland
Hi All,

Looking for some technical advice, just purchased 200 Series TLC GXR 2020 model, while driving back home noticed that the Kilometers weren't clocking up, checked trip meter 1 & 2 and they were registering the Kilometers. but on the main odometer screen the kilometers are stuck and not moving.

Has anyone experience this before, I have been researching the VSS to see if this is the issue, no EDL light on the dash and cant understand why the trip meter still works.

Regards,

Alex

Haven't got a diagram unfortunately, but a few thoughts:

- does the Speedo (ie speed) work?

- can you get techstream on there to check live data? That will show the speed from the VSS.

- have you tried resetting the instrument cluster? You can just take the fuse out if you can identify the right one; if not consider taking the battery negative off for a few mins.

Hi Karl,

- does the Speedo (ie speed) work? speedo works so does RPM, only the digital kilometers don't move, really strange though as trip 1 & 2 the kilometers clock up.

- can you get Tech stream on there to check live data? That will show the speed from the VSS. Will get Tech stream from a colleague.

- have you tried resetting the instrument cluster? You can just take the fuse out if you can identify the right one; if not consider taking the battery negative off for a few mins. will have a look at the fuses, if that fails, I will try the reset.

thanks for the feedback.

Given that your Speedo works and the trip meter works, I'm wondering if the software in the instrument cluster has got itself into a state - so hoping the reset might bring it back to life!

Doesn't feel like a problem that's 'external' to the instrument cluster to me.

Just a guess though tbh!

Good evening, thanks for sharing info turns out it was the speedo head that was faulty new one fitted speedo clock now working.

Regards,

Alex

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back