Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Squirrel shocker....

wobbly

Garage
Strictly speaking, this should go in lounge, but as its 90 related will put it here....

Went down to my folks today to do the droplinks. Got the truck jacked up, then had to do a brief job for the parents.

They have a problem with a squirrel living in their attic, I have my rifle sat in their lounge waiting for it to sit in a position I could shoot it ie not on top of fence where it would drop into neighbours, or the other fence which borders the school for obvious reasons.

So weve set up a feeder that has a big soil bank behind it.

So whilst im trying to do important stuff, they tell me its on the feeder. I go and do the necessary, real shame as its a clever animal and really bright, but just not anti-ballistic.

Go back to the truck. Get settled down, have to lean in to tighten the bottom nut which is round the back, then it happened......

The biggest squirrell I've ever seen in my life came out from under the front diff, under the drop link, up my arm, over my shoulder and away.

To say I squealed like a baby girl would be an understatement, coupled with jumping directly upwards, body went about 3ft but head only about 2 inches cos it was under the wheel arch. Fortunately, I managed a few more millimeters as my scalp managed to absorb the wheelarch, requiring only 3 small stitches.....

So I went back into the house, my mum see's me and goes into one, thinking the original squirrell had attacked me (only if it was called Jesus Squirrell !) and there is claret everywhere.

Transpires there are 3 squirrells in the attic, and honours are currently even with the score at 1 - 1.

And to keep this Toyota related, I currently have the osf drop-link fitted, and am going to do the ns one when my heartbeat is below 150.

Just glad they only have a squirrell problem, and not badgers, which work in packs....

Pete

Revenge of the killer squirrels!

"Who killed Basil Brush's bruvver" ...

They will be stalking you...........you know that now..........

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When cornered they can be surprisingly aggressive - I know this first hand; Had one "trapped" in our shed and all our attempts at getting it out only made it hide further and deeper. So I went inside to try and drive it out...bloody thing jumped straight at me and chased me out!!

Yeah - what a big girl's blouse I hear you say. Funny, if it was a dog or a cat I would have been OK, since it was a little rodent, I was bloomin' terrified! :)

First day back on the computer, head throbbing like a throbby thing !

Up close, they are surprisingly vicious looking, with an evil glare....

Now its personal, its just a matter of time and it will be 3-1, just hope its my way!

Pete

Ps steering on 90 feels miles better with drop links refitted.

Back