Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Starter issue

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi, guys

Merry Christmas to you all.

Recently including today have what seems like the starter on my 12v model doesn't seem to wanna turn off once the engine is running upon startup. Turning the engine back on and off a few times eventually turns back to normal but annoying, to say the least!!

Any of you guys know or have experience on this appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Hit it with the shaft of a hammer.
Contacts need replacing.

Merry Christmas dervis!

As CG has said, almost certainly sticking contacts in the solenoid. Quite an easy (and cheap) fix to replace the really.

Reactions: Bas
Thanks, guys I figured as much will try the banging with the end of a hammer and then look at possible service of the starter motor there on.

Reactions: Bas
Couple of threads on here about this - our one did it a while ago - bought a new contact set kit, didn't take long to do and pretty straightforward.

Looking you can get a new starter for the price of a service kit, not sure about the replacement quality at that price though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don't wait to long to fix it.
My startermotor decided to burn out during the mot test.

A few days passed guys and the first call was to take the starter off and hand it in to get inspected. Turned out it was in really bad shape so thankfully repaired within that day well and now good as new with no more sudden gremlins showing up lol

Hi Wout,
Good thing it was not a failable item. Can the garage claim on their insurance? lol.

Back