Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Status after 10 years in my cruiser...

Garage
Well folks, I am gonna show my cruiser while it is still "mint" looking. Since I had the car from new, I allways thought twice before challenging destiny while offroading...but now it's turning 10 years (19th April), it,s kind of written off so we decided that we are ready for unknown territory :cool:

So far I have only added: 2007 Headlights and Grill, Navigation, BFG AT´s 295/75-16, ARB Safari bar and Winch....and to be honest I have had hundreds of successful camping trips and mainly used the winch to help other vehicles. I have only got the 2 front seats (danish rules!) so there is a flat floor with a full size bed (150mm foam) for all year camping.

What I have experienced though, as a problem with the LC100, is the weight of 2500 Kg. Deep mud, soft fields, steep sand dunes -those are real bad!!! I want to improve the capability to overcome these challenges, please feel free to advice or recommend :think:

Anyway, I just orderes 2 sets of ARB air locker, since I have seen these improvements in action and that was impressive :o

At the same time that gives me a compressor and the possibility to lower tire pressure when offroad ;)

DSC_0542.JPG

These photos are all from last week (after a wash!) to have something to compare with after more rough use sets in!!

DSC_0541.JPG

Engine bay after 318.000 km (if you keep it clean from the beginning)

DSC_0540.JPG

The Bridge (on my first drive in a 100 I felt it was like controlling a ship!) :oops:

DSC_0536.JPG

The Grey Eminence...mans best friend :D

DSC_0535.JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

Factory wheels finished in a darker grey, fitted with AT 295/75-16

DSC_0547.JPG

In dash navigation screen....
DSC_0549.JPG

Also I want to throw my slightly bended side steps and get some real ones.....get my spare wheel on an OEM wheel carrier (Jon W. style)....improve the electric system (since I haul a lot and use the winch for logging!) ...built in drawers under the bed....and more along the way....we´ll see about that...

Thanks for the great inspiration from all you guys on this site :clap: ....as I saw on the back of one of your cars "one life, live it!"

Lars

Lars, does your 100 have AHC and is this still functioning normally/properly? If so, it's good going after >300k km! :thumbup:
Truck looks immaculate!

Lars

Your truck is far from being "written off" and you should have known better, saying so. Shame on you. Always remember its a LC100, age restrictions does not apply.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

PS: What make/model of Pioneer ICE/SAT-NAV did you retro fit into your truck?

John

That's a very nice piece of 4-wheel camping equipment you got there. Looks like perfect condition. Very tidy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks great - airing down tyres makes a BIG difference in the soft stuff. SNow too.

Andrew Prince said:
Lars, does your 100 have AHC and is this still functioning normally/properly? If so, it's good going after >300k km! :thumbup:
Truck looks immaculate!

Thanks Andrew...yes (AHC), you can see the control buttons on the indoor photo. Well it's working perfect still, no sensors fell out yet ;) ...did brake that small "bracket" between the front damper and the body (L-shaped), I had to weld it to level the car to continue the trip....but it works so far (6 months) ...should change it though but Toyota wants 200 USD for just one!

Dark Dude said:
Lars

Your truck is far from being "written off" and you should have known better, saying so. Shame on you. Always remember its a LC100, age restrictions does not apply.

Okay John I think you misunderstand a bit the written off term...my fault :oops: The car has been my company car until last year, so economically it is written off....I expect the car to last my time out! Since I am only 45 years, thats hopefully a lot of years :) ...Landcruisers last forever, I know ;)

:ugeek: this nav was fitted by toyota 9 years ago, has worked superb ...but yes, it is out of date and I do want a new system. Hopefully I can keep the 7inch screen though!

:thumbup:

John

lars is there a special name for the colour of your wheels? maybe that's difficult på engelsk

i would like to get my wheels re-done in a darker silver, kind of like the matte colour, almost grey you find on more modern alloys. Land rover use it on newer cars i think. I can't find out what its called though, which makes it difficult to ask for.

Lars Bo Kjeldstrom said:
[quote="Dark Dude":2ckrhbhl]Lars

Okay John I think you misunderstand a bit the written off term...my fault :oops: The car has been my company car until last year, so economically it is written off....I expect the car to last my time out! Since I am only 45 years, thats hopefully a lot of years :) ...Landcruisers last forever, I know ;)

:ugeek: this nav was fitted by toyota 9 years ago, has worked superb ...but yes, it is out of date and I do want a new system. Hopefully I can keep the 7inch screen though!

:thumbup:
[/quote:2ckrhbhl]

Lars

I know where you're coming from but the fact remains that your LC100 is one hell of a truck for it's age. It's damn near showroom condition for heavens sake and that's saying something. Hopefully I'll be picking up my truck over the weekend but I can tell you now I'd happily sell my body (to a nice danish housewife) to have yours. I finally decided to PX my 12 year old Vauxhall Frontera LPG NOT because it was a bad car (truth be told it's been one of the best 4x4's I've ever driven, both on and off road) but because it's market value had dropped to a mere £1500 and I had spent more than that in keeping it on the road over the last year. You can't say that about your (and dare I say, my) LC100 and this was the reason I objected to you calling your truck to paraphase " economically..... written off ", because it isn't. Alas that is NOT the view of the company you work for which is very good news for YOU, you jammy dodger, seeing that you're now the new owner. I can't see what you've got against your ICE/SAT-NAV. Looks sweet to me, just like the rest of the car. My advice, don't go chasing the dragon. If it ain't flat broke don't fix it and that way you'll also be able to keep the 7inch screen.

The Dark Dude

John

Back