Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering Rack Leak can it be fixed ?

That went in there the day i set off for Romania Sag , it worked but the leak then wasn't coming from the valve .

Well there's always the option of a rack from a vehicle being broken and replacing the seals with new before fitting. Best of both worlds surely?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Shayne did you get anything sorted with your rack buddy,just been out in mine and guess what,yep leaking from same place nice marks on the drive from where it's been dripping :doh:think I'm going to put mine through AA for it fixing after Christmas and just pay the £35 excess let them fit me a new one I think as funds aren't good at mo to do any thing else,so glad I have the repair side of it saved me a fortune so far.

I didn't yet Sag priorities have been elsewhere new crew required police involved daughter moving house to name but a few . I never gave the AA a thought its not like its broke down at home ..... is it ? How does that work then just call them and say my steering is leaking ?

Data theft Chas i have equipment on my boat set to continuously collect data insured for 40k and the F***** has quit without warning copied all the data and deleted it :angry-screaming:

Must be getting old because i eventually allowed everyone to convince me it is him that should go to prison rather than me :violin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I didn't yet Sag priorities have been elsewhere new crew required police involved daughter moving house to name but a few . I never gave the AA a thought its not like its broke down at home ..... is it ? How does that work then just call them and say my steering is leaking ?
Il just call them saying got fluid looks like oil on the drive and a it worried about driving it,they will then come out and say it's the power steering fluid leaked out from the rack give me a call out ref number I then take it to my local vat registered garage who will put a claim in for it fixing and give me a hire car for 3 days aswell as simple as that buddy,they will then put a gen Toyota part on it for me :thumbup:

I will be having some of that :icon-biggrin: i have adac cover plus AA plus breakdown on my insurance policy so its about time i had something back !

How I look at it Shayne is I've paid for it for years and have 3 of us on it so why not that's what it's there,it's £40 a month I pay for everything and last year I had new starter motor from Toyota not cheap and prop seals done front and back with new oil all round and my daughter had a gen alternator fitted to her Clio it was more than her car was worth :laughing-rolling:

Can't find the AA paperwork and i'm thinking the price of a genuine toyota rack might exceed the AA's price cap by such an amount that i end up paying more for the free one than i would to have a new RT rack fitted myself .

Do AA cap costs ?

I would guess mrT will want about double that for a rack so might be a non starter :icon-cry:

From Toyota :shock: Helen had one from Hyundai and it cost about 1200 !

Wow I might need to look into this further :think: thanks for the heads up Shayne :thumbup:

Let me know how you get on Sag i will be driving around with a litre of spare fluid in the boot until after new year and i've a fair amount of miles to cover too .

Hi Shayne,not had anything done with it yet as just out of the blue it's stopped leaking don't know why as it pissed out all over the drive,I topped it up and hasn't leaked again since,I jet washed it off and still dry.hows yours buddy?

Topped it up chucked some spare fluid in the boot and haven't looked at it since . I have better things to do at the mo .

Back