Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Storm Whatserface...

Been fun driving a lorry round today, not! That wasn't too bad to be honest, you don't get blown about too much if you don't go above 40. But at one point, it did take 30 minutes and 4 people to close my curtains at a delivery. Nearly been blown over by gusts, and rocked about all over the place. This evening's walkies however was more of an obstacle course :)
20220218_172548.jpg
20220218_172636.jpg
20220218_172712.jpg
20220218_172730.jpg
20220218_172836.jpg
20220218_174250.jpg
20220218_174322.jpg
20220218_174411.jpg
20220218_175401.jpg

About 200sq m of roofing felt taken off the flat roof extension, every room leaking, this is going to be an expensive episode, pics tomorrow.

Had a very similar incident many year ago Andy, at a unit I had. It just takes one week spot in the felt..... then it's like a pack of cards. Hope the rain keeps off for ya, until the winds die down, so you can get things watertight.

Last edited:
@fbnss Bloody'll Nick! I should think you must've needed eyes in the back of your head for that walk!..... or where ALL the trees down by then!

That was this evening, I'd imagine they all came down around lunchtime as that's when it was blowing the worst round here

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Many fence panels blew off. Will have to figure out who has maintenance responsibilities. I have strange shaped garden and fence shared with 5 neighbours.

The peak for us Nick was about mid afternoon, it's still windy now but its changed direction, more North Westerly.
But I need the electric back for the flaming TV..... wanna watch the Brits in the Curling Final!!!

Last edited:
@fbnss @Raj ..... just reading the news on my phone, looks like you guys had it a lot worse than we did!

Yes Bodie, I experienced power cut and internet shutdown for the first time. :). I happily took off from work n slept after lunch. In 4 years for the first time I also had a chance to see and talk to 2 of my neighbours at the back.
All that is good but Finding a fence fixer, calling, listening to same words ‘sorry we r busy no appointments’ ‘we will try next month’ etc etc is the worst part.

That's certainly not what you want to wake up to Andy !!
Now comes the real stress, trying to repair/get hold of a built up flat roofer, as lots in the same bloody boat ! Hope you can get something sorted asap mate.

Not wishing to rub it in, but we had nothing to mention here in Bournemouth. The wind building up during yesterday came to nothing, really quiet last night. Hope I haven't spoken to soon !
Typical jerk off reaction from local press though, "Storm Chaos". Ive been out and about this morning and not seen any of that. Council shutting main road in and out of town, WTF !!

Could have been worse Andy at least the roof is still there . Might be worth considering fibreglass to replace the felt .

That's bad by any standards. We're barely 10 miles away from Andy, on one of the highest points in the city and got away with no damage, not even a tree down or anything near us.
We had a flat roof refelted by this guy and he did a cracking job.

Roof Repairs

Got a professional Quote of 1600£ Today morning and decided to confirm. Then I saw neighbours doing something, went out and spent an hour with them. Surprisingly half of the fence sorted out with their DIY tools. I just need to spend 200£ n get new panels n rest of it is done. professionals might do a proper job to withstand storm but I need not worry about budgeting for new fence until next storm. My good neighbours saved me this time :)

Back