Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sun Roof Grease

warrenpfo

I gave my sun roof a good clean as there where lots of jammed in twigs and leaves etc and in the process noticed that it looked as if the runners where a little dry. I did notice what seems to have been lithium grease but it seemed to be not as "stringy" or "sticky" as normal lithium grease so wondered what to use.

It's a good question Warren, I've often wondered. I presume you're referring to the 'pipe cleaner' type flexible cable that runs in the closed channel up each side of the frame and around to the centre point at the front.

I've often been tempted to just oil it with some lightweight general purpose oil, so I'd be interested in the answers as well. I've oiled the pivots on the windbreak before now, just because they look dry.

Last edited:
Yep that's exactly the bit I am referring to but was not sure how best to describe it.

I use white spray grease on mine.

Chris

Question is Chris, does the sunroof still work, afterwards? :think: :icon-biggrin:

Arf Arf, a funny Guy huh? :laughing-rolling:

Don't give up the day job. :lol:

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Arf Arf, a funny Guy huh? :laughing-rolling:

Don't give up the day job. :lol:

C

Get it right Chris, I'm not a funny guy, just 'sad' don't forget, like everyone on this forum! I still can't believe that guy!!

Back