Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

T-Belt Indicator Light

phd

Country Flag
uk
I just signed-up to the club so please be gentle with me!

I need to switch-off the T-belt light on the dash but there is no bung or other hole in the plastic face where a reset is possible. There is only the trip knob. The dash has an ID of J35. Do I really have to dismantle the dash and move a screw around? Is this what a Toyota workshop has to do after changing the belt? If so then I'll simply leave it on.

The instrument cluster needs to come out, and then theres a screw on the back that gets moved into a different hole to reset. I think if you have the later instruments with digital mileometer then the technique is different

It depends on if it is an older turbo diesel, or the newer d4d. If it's a d4d its just a case of pressing buttons on dash in a sequence.

If the dash has to come off, it's not too difficult. No special tools or abilities required and it doesn't take too long. There are plenty of instructionals out there

I cleared my t belt light on a 2000 90 series using the trip button, following a sequence of button presses. Took less than 2 minutes.
Swadam1 has some videos on youtube, one of which I used.

Thanks for all of your replies. The milometer I have is mechanical not digital and it is a turbo diesel 1st registered Sept'96. From what I deduce then the dash has to come off and a screw moved to another position. Is there a guidance out there on the procedure?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back