Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tailgate Ladder for an 80

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
I'm looking for a rear ladder that bolts to/ hooks over the upper tailgate on an 80 series. I have been hunting around the various suppliers and keeping an eye out on ebay but all I can find are ones for the 100 series. Does anyone have one they no longer require or know where I may get my hands on one?

Any help will be greatfully received :thumbup:

If I get my Airtop I want a ladder too.

Already tried all the places suggested on there. Jaos only do racke for 03> and 90s

Patriot only do land Rover

Closest I have got is Direct4x4 and that is for a 100. Might be able to modify it to fit an 80 I may chance a call tomorrow.

Ecoman said:
Fight ya for it :lol:
Your challenge so my choice of weapon

Landcruisers at dawn :angry-boxing:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
bugger mine is still in the garage....how about elastic bands? :lol:

I can post a piccy of mine if it might help with your hunt for one :?:

Be warned though, The existing rams are not man enough to hold up the tail gate and even a light ladder like mine.
I need new/better rams but just use a piece of 2" x 1" at the mo :lol:

Ecky Thump said:

Be warned though, The existing rams are not man enough to hold up the tail gate and even a light ladder like mine.
Are your rams the original ones Less, or have you replaced them at some time? do you think stronger ones are needed or just new ones. I replaced mine a while ago when the originals went soggy.

Ecky Thump said:

That would be great thanks ET. Would give me something to work with anyway.

Just pic of the ladder though I have a nice piece of 2"x2" that will do the job just fine :lol:

Thanks for that. I have just sent them an email :thumbup:

Ecoman said:
That would be great thanks ET. Would give me something to work with anyway.
Just pic of the ladder though I have a nice piece of 2"x2" that will do the job just fine :lol:
And I thought you would like to see my pit prop :D

Oh well here goes in case you still need it. It hooks on top and bottom and the bottom clamps are held on with bolts so no drilling required.
I think my rams are tired, I just can't be bothered ordering new ones yet :lol:

SAM_1683.jpg

Thanks for the picture ET. It may come in handy as I still haven't had a reply from the portuguese place. I even took the time to get my email translated into the correct language.

I have just had a reply from Megastore 4x4 in Portugal.

"Roof Access lader Toyota HDJ80 – 155.00 Euros (VAT tax included), Shipping cost to UK – 28.33 Euros"

For that price I will order one. Anybody else want one?

Ecoman said:
I have just had a reply from Megastore 4x4 in Portugal."Roof Access lader Toyota HDJ80 – 155.00 Euros (VAT tax included), Shipping cost to UK – 28.33 Euros"For that price I will order one. Anybody else want one?
Is that the one that mounts on the left hand side of the door? I need one that mounts on the right because of the spare wheel is on the left :thumbdown:

Back