Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tarted up a bit

Shayne

Guru
Gear sticks and console finally sorted and the handbrake works better than it ever has before so I’m happy .

6E38C977-9DD3-4CD5-AEC6-95A173CD06F6.jpeg
AE7D9379-5343-4544-A12A-DF005B4006A9.jpeg

Do like the grey coloured wood grain where did you find that Shayne

Hard to tell in pics but its kinda glossy metallic dark silver black . I got it on Etsy or ebay like 2 years ago , a chance find and thought i will never find better than that . If you can find more please let me know because i wasted too much learning and could do it all again better if i had more .

Oh and i have searched for more - intensively resulting in my being able to tell you Do not buy anything from a website called Zorbakom .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That handbrake mod looks interesting.

I gave up trying to measure or even explain the theory to myself but i guestimated what it does is double the length of cable moved with the lever so 3 clicks equals 6 .
I think Nick will attest to my handbrake being good before but after the mod when i pulled it on and there was absolutely no doubt at all in my mind that the wheels were locked solid .

Time will tell if it proves more tolerant to the twisties but what led me down this path is thinking to myself the handbrake is too finely tuned .

Sorry can't remember Shayne but anything is better than mine so I was probably well impressed :)

Never mind suffice to say it started out as an experiment and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again .

That looks really cool - nice job! :sunglasses:

Is it a plastic film or more like a thicker vinyl?

I'm not sure what it is but i have to believe proper vinyl wrap is easier to work with , its thick so you need heat to shrink or stretch but the glue is far too strong to pull it off and start again using the same piece of vinyl/plastic ?

Found the maker , Glabal in Japan but its no longer in production .

Back